Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th June 2014, 21:01   #31
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Ok, off tomorrow so will have a look at my wiring and check all plugs and cavities are correct. Strange electrics on my Connie, the sunroof is acting up now.!!!! Need to look at that one too. Where do I find the anti trap sensor(s)?
Schotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 08:13   #32
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schotten View Post
Ok, off tomorrow so will have a look at my wiring and check all plugs and cavities are correct. Strange electrics on my Connie, the sunroof is acting up now.!!!! Need to look at that one too. Where do I find the anti trap sensor(s)?
sounds like to me you have tapped into the kbus.
Old 18th June 2014, 08:49   #33
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Ah! got me worried! I'm off to have a look!!!
Old 18th June 2014, 09:45   #34
andre372
Gets stuck in

2001 Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT manual Royal Blue (JFM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
sounds like to me you have tapped into the kbus.
Harmed a Kbus wire (red-white-yellow) you mean?
MODS: Front fog lamps, FBH timer switch, FBH OBD, boot and arm rest power sockets, cruise control, Powerflex lower arm bushes, illuminated vanity mirrors, high-line IPK, Symphony stereo + SLE, 160 remap, Revotec fan, 12N+12S, auto-dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor, volumetric alarm sensor, PDC, powerfolds, sports leather memory seats, passenger anti-trap sensor
TO DO: Tilt sensor, low coolant sensor, FBH GSM remote control, heated washer jets, front parking sensors
andre372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 13:15   #35
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Default Success!!

Checked all the wiring and found I'd mixed up the yellow/black & yellow/brown wires on the cruise cc!! Spotted it straight away but thought best to have a thorough check as I'm at it. Now got a bit of cruise to play with! Excellent how to guys, been looking to do this for years now but didn't think it was so simple (if you know how!!). Next to get it all T4'd and get it to OE standard. Oh and the low brake pads warning has gone away (took the IPK out), and re set the sunroof so only bounces back once when closing from fully open (has been for a long time!). So trebles all round!!! Thanks guys
Old 18th June 2014, 13:34   #36
Union Wheels
Loves to post

Honda Accord Tourer i dtec

Default Cruise Retrofit

Hi Schotten, and well done.

That makes 2 successful Retrofits, 3 If you include mine.

Cheers, Pete.

How to Retrofit Diesel Cruise Control + Loom
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...87&postcount=1

How to Modify a 3 Speed Fan for CDT & V6 into a 2 Speed with a Resistor.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=209920

CDT now gone to new owner, but still on forum
Union Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 14:27   #37
andre372
Gets stuck in

Congratulations Scott
Did you use coloured wires that it was so easy to find the mix-up?

I've never had cruise control before and now that I have, I'm using it quite often. Thanks to Pete
MODS: Front fog lamps, FBH timer switch, FBH OBD, boot and arm rest power sockets, cruise control, Powerflex lower arm bushes, illuminated vanity mirrors, high-line IPK, Symphony stereo + SLE, 160 remap, Revotec fan, 12N+12S, auto-dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor, volumetric alarm sensor, PDC, powerfolds, sports leather memory seats, passenger anti-trap sensor
TO DO: Tilt sensor, low coolant sensor, FBH GSM remote control, heated washer jets, front parking sensors
Old 18th June 2014, 21:06   #38
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Smile

Sure did! Went to the bother of buying cable that matched the wiring diagram colours and wires that came with the switch and interface plugs. Made spotting my mistake easierReally looking forward to getting the time to take it on nice long run without having a sore right knee!! Thanks again to Pete. Now what's next!!!!!
Old 18th June 2014, 21:38   #39
andre372
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schotten View Post
Sure did! Went to the bother of buying cable that matched the wiring diagram colours and wires that came with the switch and interface plugs. Made spotting my mistake easierReally looking forward to getting the time to take it on nice long run without having a sore right knee!! Thanks again to Pete. Now what's next!!!!!
Nice!
I couldn't source even the right diameter wire, let alone the two-coloured ones. Does your supplier have a web page?

Seeing you have a Connoisseur, I suppose you don't have too much to add
I'd go for heated seats, auto-dimming rear view mirror, ultrasonic alarm, parking distance control, high-line IPK, traction control etc

Best of luck
Andre
Old 19th June 2014, 07:41   #40
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Andre go to www.autoelectricsuplies.co.uk, that's where I got cable and other bits and pieces from. Don't really know if cheap or dear, they supplied what I needed without any fuss and quick delivery, so I think ok. Yip got a Connie, I've installed hi line sat nav (mk3) with HK amp would like to upgrade but mk4 and a bm54 are sooooo...expensive! Got bm24 at moment and is worth the change from the Rover standard tuner. Replaced the rear view mirror with auto dipping a while back (£10 inc loom from scrapyard!). Rear blind done, centre power socket and torch, both genuine Rover, done. Heated washer jets, headlamp power wash (waiting for T4 magic) Xenon headlamps, rear parking and a lovely set of Serpents! Not too bad a list?! Would like to know how to upgrade standard electric seats to memory. Must have a search about the forum. Good luck with any mods and enjoy your cruise!!! Scott