Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st September 2019, 03:00   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarDonaldBalls View Post
That's the plan I have for mine, a previous owner has stripped the black coating off so it looks chrome but I think I want it black again.

I used plastidip on the trim at the bottom of the side windows on my old ZS that had the same issue with the black coating peeling (think it had some replacement doors at some point from an old 400 or civic)

you couldn't tell it wasn't the original finish, it's really easy to do, you don't even have to mask it up very well as any over spray will just peel off so can be done without removing the trim from the car.

There are thousands of videos on youtube of people using plastidip on their badges and wheels, even whole cars. the process is exactly the same.

Here's a handy example
Now that is a REALLY great link! - many thanks. I have never used plastidip before. I amazed at how the stuff peels off the paintwork leaving such a clean line.

Brilliant!! Thanks again.

As for my cdti ZTT - 147k Miles - just sailed through the MOT. Took it off the road for a few months when I realised the brake pipes needed replacing (watch/check where they bend up under the rear wheel arch) so did that, fitted the a/c condenser and replaced the fan so I now have ice cold air/con if I want! (Just as summer ends )

But this car costs me peanuts to run and is a great drive for a car that is 16 years old. And in Trophy Blue when she is all polished up I do get people stopping to admire her and have a chat.

Of late, as well as the above I have had to replace the exhaust back box and the alternator. All sourced inexpensively on here.

But compared to my old Land Rovers the ZTT is cheap as chips to run, does not smoke, sails through MOT’s, can carry more “stuff” in its prodigious load area and returns a whisker under 50mpg.

And most important of all - it puts a smile on my face when I look at it and a grin when I drive it.

And I drive mine a lot. Maybe that is the key
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote