Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th May 2018, 22:13   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default New! Led sill kick trims are here!

NEW PRODUCT!!! NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE NEW ROVER 75/MG ZT LED KICK TRIMS!

Some of you may have seen or remember my post a little while back where I ordered a demo set of these with my own custom design to trial out on my ZT. Well after just over a month of testing these and making a slight tweak to the size of the rear kick trims, we're now ready to go ahead with these! Really pleased with the quality and finish of the demo set I received, was very impressed in fact, exceeded my expectations. Those who have already seen these on my ZT at the recent shows will know how good they look

They are finished in stainless steel effect so they are very shiny and look much better than the old factory trims even when switched off. When switched on, the LED back lighting shines through the design on the plates and also around the edges.

I started looking into getting these made after my 15 year old factory kick trims were in desperate need of replacement, being absolutely covered in scratches and marks. The old ones really let the car down, and weren't a great sight when the doors were opened. These new trims have really tidied up the door sills.

These trims come with a very strong 3m adhesive tape on the back so they are very quick and easy to fit in place, simply remove the old factory trims which are only clipped in place, and then stick the new ones in place. The tape is very strong, much stronger than I expected as my worry was that the trims would not hold in place well enough... but put it this way, when sticking these down make sure you are 100% sure about the positioning where you're sticking them down, as once they're down they're down, they're not coming off again

These trims are waterproof as well, so no worry about water getting in and damaging the LEDs.

The set up for these kick trims is so that they turn on when you unlock the car, by taking a feed from the courtesy light circuit.

The trims come with the wiring kit, however I will also be supplying a relay as part of the wiring kit in order to get them working. The reason the relay is needed is because these trims require 12v to work, and our courtesy light circuit only runs at 8-9v on the 75/ZT, which is not enough to switch the kick trims on. Therefore, the kick trims have to be powered from the fuse box and a controlled via a relay so that the trims only switch on when the courtesy lights are on. Sounds daunting but it's very easy and simple to do, and the kit will come will simple wiring instructions so anyone can fit them. I will also be offering a fitting service in Essex for those who'd like me to fit them for you

DESIGN OPTIONS:
Below I have included 6 design options I've come up with to give you an idea of what you could go for design wise. The manufacturer is fairly flexible when it comes to the design, so if anyone wishes to come up with their own design let me know and I can check with the manufacturer if it is doable. The design has to go on the bottom half of the trims, due to the arrangement of the LEDs under the trims.

Personally I find simple is better, so I would personally advise not to go over complicated with the design or over do it as they look much better lit up when the design is more plain and simple like on the set I've had made for myself.

COLOUR OPTIONS:
I've been in discussions with the manufacturer over the last couple months regarding colour options and unfortunately colour options are slightly limited at the moment.

The LED colours they are able to offer at the moment are:

- WHITE,
- BLUE,
- GREEN,
- RED,
- PURPLE,
- YELLOW
- PINK,

Unfortunately they cannot do orange at the moment, which is a right shame as that would have been the best colour for the 75's.

PERMANENT ON VS SEQUENTIAL LIGHTING:
Now there are 2 set up options for the lighting as well, the LEDs can either be set up to just turn on and stay on, or the second option is the LEDs can be set up to run through a sequential pattern. To see what I mean about the sequential pattern option, see the video link in the comments below for the youtube video of my sequential kick trims. The sequential pattern option is where the LEDS turn on, and then run through some patterns now and again such as the LEDs turning on from left to right along the kick trim and then from right to left, and also turning on and off in a soft glow pattern.

The sequential pattern option is ONLY available in BLUE, RED or WHITE.

The permanent on option is available in BLUE, RED, WHITE, YELLOW, GREEN and PINK.

PRICES:
The price for these kits are £100 + postage which is for a set of 4 LED trims with the wiring kit and also the relay from me as part of the wiring kit and fitting instructions.

This price is if we can achieve a minimum order of 20 sets of 4pcs each, which I think should be doable with the amount of interest I had in these a couple months back.

The way this will have to work is I will have to ask for payment of the £100 with your design option and choice of LED colour to secure your order, and once we have a total number of orders, they will be sent to the manufacturer as a complete order (payment for postage can be sorted later once the trims have arrived with me). Once I've placed the order with the manufacturer, depending on how many we order, the manufacturer process can take between a week to up to a month if we have a large order, and once shipped will take around 2-3 weeks to arrive here with me, where I can then send them all on individually to everyone who's ordered them

I will be offering a fitting service for these trims for £30 in Thurrock, Essex.

So if you'd like a set let me know with what design and what colour you'd like to go for, and whether you'd like the LEDs to stay on or if you'd like to go for the sequential pattern option (only available in White, Blue or Red). Remember I can do custom designs for you if you wish.

FOR NOW, I WILL JUST ASK THOSE INTERESTED IN A SET TO PUT THEIR NAME DOWN, AS I WON'T BE ASKING FOR PAYMENT JUST YET UNTIL WE ACHIEVE THE MINIMUM ORDER OF 20 SETS. SO IF YOU'D LIKE A SET LET ME KNOW AND I'LL PUT YOUR NAME DOWN

Just for those who own other models of the MG Rover brand and are also interested in these, I will be also offering these in the near future for the Rover 25/ZR (3dr and 5dr), Rover 45/MG ZS, MGF and MG TF, and may also offer these for the MG3, MG6, MG GS and MG ZS (the new one) depending on demand

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 14th May 2018 at 16:10..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 22:14   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Youtube demo video link for the set I've fitted to my ZT, which some of you may have seen at the recent national meet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj46...ature=youtu.be
Old 14th May 2018, 06:39   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Just MG/ZT trims at the moment will you be doing Rover ones?

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 16:08   #4
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Just MG/ZT trims at the moment will you be doing Rover ones?

Rev
these are 75 and ZT ones, see all the details in the post above
Old 14th May 2018, 16:11   #5
Rick-sta
This is my second home

These are just 6 possible design options I've come up with for these LED Kick trims. These can be tweaked to your preference, or you can come up with your own design completely to a certain extent

Old 14th May 2018, 16:20   #6
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

They look great. I will be buying a set for Mrs Singh.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 20:17   #7
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Sorry to be naive but where would these be wired up to.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 20:53   #8
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Default Rev

Wired up to your interior lights.
So will come on when the interior lights are on.
Hope that's helps .

Thanks
Steve 42
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 12:12   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42 View Post
Wired up to your interior lights.
So will come on when the interior lights are on.
Hope that's helps .

Thanks
Steve 42
Thats correct, it means they come on when the car is unlocked or when a door is opened
Old 15th May 2018, 17:49   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

very smart, very flash and seen perhaps on luxury cars

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote