Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2016, 17:48   #11
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJ180 View Post
fuel filter hadn't separated and on inspection the seals were all in good condition. The fuel in the assembly and filter were utterly filthy. Cleaned out and replaced filter as a precaution.
Did you fit the orange clip after re-assemby? My advice is always fit one if it doesn't have one already. Unscewing the filter actually encourages FFS (I believe) by 'polishing' the bayonet lugs that should keep it togeter. Fit the clip and eliminate a major cause of trouble. You really don't want it to strike when you're out in the sticks on a rainy night.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2016, 15:52   #12
AndyJ180
Regular poster

MGZT-T

So, on to the next step - engine cover off. First thing of note is a broken/damaged breather hose - this bit here: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-LLH102660

One of the pipes had become partially detached from the white t-piece.

Is this the likely culprit? I've a new one on the way.
AndyJ180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2016, 16:23   #13
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJ180 View Post
Is this the likely culprit?
Maybe? But it isn't connected to FFS for sure.

TC
Old 10th July 2016, 17:08   #14
AndyJ180
Regular poster

MGZT-T

I've discounted FFS as a possibility. A red herring! Pretty certain it's something under the bonnet.
Old 14th November 2016, 21:03   #15
AndyJ180
Regular poster

MGZT-T

For the sake of completeness this turned out to be a failed crank position sensor.
Old 14th November 2016, 21:34   #16
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanks for the update. Many wouldn't bother coming back after six months. Collect your first 'thankyou'

TC
Old 17th March 2017, 18:03   #17
missionman

Rover 75

Default OOps, help with FFS please

So I had all the syptoms of FFS and thanks to this website was able to locate and check for thw fault. Sure enough the lid was crooked. But here is the oops bit. I hadn't read not to lift it too far out and a white plastic piece went back into the tank. it has a pipe attached and I can't tell if I have broken it off or it slides into the filter casing. I looked on Rimmer site for a picture but it wasn't much help. Have I wrecked it ?
Thanks for any help.
Also is the clip and 'o' ring on e-bay ok to use? it's £12.99 plus £1 p&p. I think it's the only one. Rover 75 MG ZT Petrol Filter Clip Kit WJC000230 with the essential VITON Seal
missionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 09:10   #18
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionman View Post
So I had all the syptoms of FFS and thanks to this website was able to locate and check for thw fault. Sure enough the lid was crooked. But here is the oops bit. I hadn't read not to lift it too far out and a white plastic piece went back into the tank. it has a pipe attached and I can't tell if I have broken it off or it slides into the filter casing. I looked on Rimmer site for a picture but it wasn't much help. Have I wrecked it ?
Thanks for any help.

Also is the clip and 'o' ring on e-bay ok to use? it's £12.99 plus £1 p&p. I think it's the only one. Rover 75 MG ZT Petrol Filter Clip Kit WJC000230 with the essential VITON Seal
Have you got the filter bits together again? If not, I have a filter and float arm in the garage which I can dig out and perhaps be help you with reassembly.

From what I've read, The FOC is NLA, so Xpart/Rimmer no longer stock them. If you've found one, grab it while you can.

TC
Old 21st March 2017, 09:11   #19
missionman

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Have you got the filter bits together again? If not, I have a filter and float arm in the garage which I can dig out and perhaps be help you with reassembly.

From what I've read, The FOC is NLA, so Xpart/Rimmer no longer stock them. If you've found one, grab it while you can.

TC
The parts sould arrive today and I have put off returning to it until they arrive !
Thanks very much for your help. I will let you know how I get on, if the parts arrive.
Old 21st March 2017, 17:14   #20
missionman

Rover 75

Default Fuel filter refitted

Hello, Parts for filter arrived and it's back in place. However engine still not starting and not trying to fire like it did before. I have checked for fuel coming out of the filter and there is. Looked at the engine and found what look like two fuel pipes. Managed to get one apart but no sign of fuel. Couldn't figure how to separate the other (smaller) one.
There is one other factor, a helpful RAC man who I had to call out for my other car (battery fault) was curious when I told him about the rover problem. He 'fiddled' with the fuses below the glove compartment , but then had to leave in a hurry saying I might want to check them ? and left the box all open.
I noticed when I turn the ignition on I have the battery and the engine signs lit up , but can't remember if that is normal.
Any help gratefully received, thanks for reading whatever.
P.S. new battery arriving for other car any day !!