Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th April 2014, 17:37   #1
__chris__
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT 190+,(2005 Facelift R75 1.8T SE Conny now consigned to be a donor car)

Default Transplant Project

With the evenings getting longer and lighter, I've got a number of things I'd like to tackle and would very much appreciate your input as to whether these are feasible.

The donor car is my non-runner 1.8t Connie Facelift 75. 2005.
The recipient car will be the 2.5 V6 ZT 190. 2002/3

So, can I... (and are there any how-to's)

1) Change the door mirrors so that I have folding ones.
2) Install the headlight washers
3) Have the boot unlock by pressing down the button on the remote fob
4) Swap over so I have the power/memory seats

Are there any other obvious things I should be considering swapping but have missed?

Thanks.

Work on the 1.8T

New pads &cs all round, Bonnet Catch Reversed, Plenums Cleaned, Renewed Selected Radiator Hoses, New Stainless Steel Twin Exhaust,Metal T-Piece, Head Skimmed and MLS Head Gasket, New Cambelt & Alternator Belt, New PRT & Water Pump, New Air Duct Hose, New Radiator, New plugs, coil packs & HT leads, Golden Radiator Resistor.
Car then blew up and I gave up.
Bought the ZT 190 instead !
__chris__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 17:53   #2
Moonshine Mark
I really should get out more.......

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

Anything is possible

1. Yes, but you may need to swap the door looms as well or make your own powerfold loom.
2. Headlight washers are different between facelift and prefacelift, they will also require programming with a T4
3. You would need to fit the facelift Body Control Unit to the prefacelift and have it programmed with T4
4. Yes, but you may need to make up your own loom unless you can remove most of the loom from the donor if it isn't present in the other car.

Last edited by Moonshine Mark; 14th April 2014 at 17:55..
Moonshine Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 18:00   #3
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Mark View Post
Anything is possible

1. Yes, but you may need to swap the door looms as well or make your own powerfold loom.
2. Headlight washers are different between facelift and prefacelift, they will also require programming with a T4
3. You would need to fit the facelift Body Control Unit to the prefacelift and have it programmed with T4
4. Yes, but you may need to make up your own loom unless you can remove most of the loom from the donor if it isn't present in the other car.
I agree with

Plenum spy hole mod, bonnet mod, handbrake mod. New Smiley plate with club website address. LED bulbs fitted throughout, inc glove box and Numberplate, Flipkey, rear parking sensors, rear offside cubby hole cover, 2x extra LED ambient lights in tourer boot, ultimate remote, walnut gear knob, Walnut steering wheel, in-line stat, illuminated sun visors, load cover with dog guard, extra aux and USB sockets in armrest.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 18:02   #4
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

auto dipping mirror is another good little touch, message centre seeing as you will be visiting a T4 for some of the above as mentioned, if they have the same wheels take one as a full size spare
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 18:04   #5
Moonshine Mark
I really should get out more.......

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

What other extras does the Connie have? Without knowing the exact spec it's hard to know what else is worth swapping over.

The electric rear blind is a nice touch if it has one
Moonshine Mark is offline   Reply With Quote