Old 5th March 2013, 14:28   #111
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Or even better, don't allow them in the Country in the 1st place!
POWER to the people we should have a bout of civil disobedience and suggest to these so called do gooders if you like them so much go to their country and educate them?
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 14:35   #112
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

The fact of the matter is that the eastern European immigrants claim less benefits than we do..
Old 5th March 2013, 14:42   #113
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Or even better, don't allow them in the Country in the 1st place!
sadly we cant do that so get your welcome to the united kingdom face on
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 14:44   #114
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
The fact of the matter is that the eastern European immigrants claim less benefits than we do..
But why should they be able to claim ANY in the 1st place?

Do you think they you could move to Warsaw and the Polish Authorities would provide you with a house, benefits and translation services as well?

Of course not!

So why the hell do we???
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 15:35   #115
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson View Post
As someone who is currently receiving benefits I find these comments very narrow minded, and I think you have to be very careful that you don't tar eveyone with the same brush.

Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky recently and have had to experience what it is like to be unemployed. I work as a professional in the civil engineering industry and since the recession hit in 2008/2009 finding continuous work has been very difficult. I think I can safely say that the construction and engineering sector has been one of the most affected because prior to 2008 I had never been unemployed.

I am currently out of work, but actively and continuously looking for work and attending interviews. Believe me, I hate having to make that trip to the Jobcentre to sign on, but at the moment I have no choice in the matter.

I receive Jobseekers Allowance and Council Tax Benefit and to be honest its nowhere near enough to cover the mortgage and all the billls - very frustrating really when you've paid £100,000's of taxes over the years and people that have no intention of working and have never paid any taxes appearto be taking a lot more out of the system than me.
Hello Richard, I am with you all the way in the points you have made. Sometimes circumstances beyond ones control can suddenly turn tables and before you know it, you are out of a job. Years ago, I had a serious accident - I won't go into details but eventually ended up on no pay, with DLA and income support to bide me over. I had lots of rehab and got back on my feet again. I went for a benefits interview in Euston and the Doc offered me the chance to be signed off for another 6 months as I fitted into the category. I had been off work for 2 years, was skint and fed up. I knew what to expect and put on my best suit, scrubbed up nice and told the Doc I was fit....blah blah I knew what to say (I was desperate to get a job). He did the papers so that my benefits would stop and that I could return to work legally. A job came up and I took it. I returned to work part time and then later full time. My case like yours happened through no fault of my own. Richard I sincerely hope that the opportunity comes your way just as it did for me. Not everyone on benefit are scroungers
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 16:11   #116
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

Quote:
Do you think they you could move to Warsaw and the Polish Authorities would provide you with a house, benefits and translation services as well?
in fact you can.
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 16:20   #117
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I'd give you a kiss but that will start all sorts of rumours
Nuthin' we didn't suspect already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw123 View Post
Oh! who cares here goes X only one mind you.

I guess I should send one to Fred now too....oops and Paul.
Oh no you shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Perhaps for the best, you don't want them to feel left out.....
Oh yes we do want to be left out.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 17:14   #118
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
Nuthin' we didn't suspect already.

Oh no you shouldn't.

Oh yes we do want to be left out.
Is this what is meant as male bonding?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 17:17   #119
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

These arguments could be compared to the 1.8 HGF problem.... Give a dog a bad name etc, and remember they are not all the same. Let us be thankful we are not being persecuted by governments for putting forth these differing views.

Last edited by DerekS; 5th March 2013 at 17:25..
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 17:26   #120
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson View Post
As someone who is currently receiving benefits I find these comments very narrow minded, and I think you have to be very careful that you don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky recently and have had to experience what it is like to be unemployed. I work as a professional in the civil engineering industry and since the recession hit in 2008/2009 finding continuous work has been very difficult. I think I can safely say that the construction and engineering sector has been one of the most affected because prior to 2008 I had never been unemployed.

I am currently out of work, but actively and continuously looking for work and attending interviews. Believe me, I hate having to make that trip to the Jobcentre to sign on, but at the moment I have no choice in the matter.

I receive Jobseekers Allowance and Council Tax Benefit and to be honest its nowhere near enough to cover the mortgage and all the bills - very frustrating really when you've paid £100,000's of taxes over the years and people that have no intention of working and have never paid any taxes appear to be taking a lot more out of the system than me.

Morning Richard,

Your situation is the whole reason the benefit system was intended for so I would hope nobody is pointing a finger your way!
I think the consensus here is that people are claiming benefits as a way of life/career choice, not as a fall back when hard times arrive
Hope more work comes your way soon Sir and good luck

Yes I was definitely not referring to folk such as yourself that have contributed to the system, but hopefully some did see, that I was talking about individuals where generations had not worked or contributed, yet they keep bleeding the system with no intention of looking for or ever obtaining work.
A lot of these benefits are for child care in one form or another, and my personal despair is seeing the children not getting the benefit of this money, and the resulting neglect in a system designed to care for them.

Humble apologies sir for sounding narrow minded.

Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote