Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th October 2010, 21:17   #21
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Hi, thanks for posting that! They are gorgeous. The other dog who is walking backwards from the pups, that is just the thing Oscar would do. When I was playing the video he jumped on my lap to see what the noise was!
Old 16th October 2010, 01:26   #22
Fluffle-Valve
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hi, thanks for posting that! They are gorgeous. The other dog who is walking backwards from the pups, that is just the thing Oscar would do. When I was playing the video he jumped on my lap to see what the noise was!
That's our 2 year old 'Lady', she really don't know what to make of it all yet. I'm sure she'll be playing with them when they are a bit older?
Fluffle-Valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 11:50   #23
Phil
This is my second home

I remember when I lived at mothers still we had a Rhodesian Ridgeback(african lion hound) and she was a big girl. Very confident and teritorial. We bought another Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy home. When they were introduced there was no snarling and growling but our big ridgeback skidding around cowering and trying to get away as fast as possible. They did end up pals though. how is Spitfire?
Old 21st October 2010, 09:47   #24
Fluffle-Valve
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I remember when I lived at mothers still we had a Rhodesian Ridgeback(african lion hound) and she was a big girl. Very confident and teritorial. We bought another Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy home. When they were introduced there was no snarling and growling but our big ridgeback skidding around cowering and trying to get away as fast as possible. They did end up pals though. how is Spitfire?
He's doing fine and is running around with the others. He is still only half the size of the others, but makes twice as much noise...
Still early days yet, to know if there are going to be any problems with him, but looking at him right now, he's full of beans and eating well.

Look HERE
Old 21st October 2010, 19:19   #25
Phil
This is my second home

Glad the little chap is doing well..
Old 8th December 2010, 21:40   #26
Fluffle-Valve
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

After all the saving him from near death, I should have let nature take its course and watch him die. It turns out that he is disabled and will more than likely need a very expensive operation in the near future. He has a form of hip-dysplasia and bunny-hops rather than running. His legs and hips can/maybe be fixed, but it depends on how far the disability extends. We had a disabled dog (Lighting Dave) from our Ruby's last litter and I did just the same and saved him from near death and finished up having him put to sleep at 8 1/2 months old. It broke my heart to have to do it, but he couldn't eat or drink proper and on the vets advice I had him put to sleep. I cried all the way home and for days after I could do nothing but think of the poor dog that I had saved from death, but put to sleep in the end. I really hope that Spitfire doesn't go the same way, as he is following the same path as Lighting Dave but doesn’t seem to be as bad as him.
The good news is that all the pups have new homes to go to and we have also found a home for Spitfire. A retired lady got talking to my wife Paula at her shop and she told this lady about Spitfire. This lady Sylvia, after a couple of visits, has taken Spitfire with her and knows that he will be needing an operation at some point and she also knows that he may have to be put to sleep if all else fails. We have given him to her for free, knowing that it may be going to cost her lots of money and heart-ache in the future. She offered us £300 for him, but I said, "No, just please look after him and attend to his every need". She was a real genuine lady and I was happy to give Spitfire to her knowing that he will be looked after.
I'm feeling very sad right now, as he is gone from my life, but I shall be keeping in touch, just to see how he's getting on.
I have kept one pup from the litter and her name is Sapphire. This one was my favourite right from the start, but had to have an operation to help her eat proper. More on this dog in another thread.
Old 10th December 2010, 20:12   #27
Phil
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffle-Valve View Post
After all the saving him from near death, I should have let nature take its course and watch him die. It turns out that he is disabled and will more than likely need a very expensive operation in the near future. He has a form of hip-dysplasia and bunny-hops rather than running. His legs and hips can/maybe be fixed, but it depends on how far the disability extends. We had a disabled dog (Lighting Dave) from our Ruby's last litter and I did just the same and saved him from near death and finished up having him put to sleep at 8 1/2 months old. It broke my heart to have to do it, but he couldn't eat or drink proper and on the vets advice I had him put to sleep. I cried all the way home and for days after I could do nothing but think of the poor dog that I had saved from death, but put to sleep in the end. I really hope that Spitfire doesn't go the same way, as he is following the same path as Lighting Dave but doesn’t seem to be as bad as him.
The good news is that all the pups have new homes to go to and we have also found a home for Spitfire. A retired lady got talking to my wife Paula at her shop and she told this lady about Spitfire. This lady Sylvia, after a couple of visits, has taken Spitfire with her and knows that he will be needing an operation at some point and she also knows that he may have to be put to sleep if all else fails. We have given him to her for free, knowing that it may be going to cost her lots of money and heart-ache in the future. She offered us £300 for him, but I said, "No, just please look after him and attend to his every need". She was a real genuine lady and I was happy to give Spitfire to her knowing that he will be looked after.
I'm feeling very sad right now, as he is gone from my life, but I shall be keeping in touch, just to see how he's getting on.
I have kept one pup from the litter and her name is Sapphire. This one was my favourite right from the start, but had to have an operation to help her eat proper. More on this dog in another thread.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope Spitfire gets all the treatment he needs and lives a full and happy life. Poor lad.