Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2012, 19:46   #1
TheBearUK
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Default courier delivery

Hi
just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can tell me why.
I ordered one of those boxes of 20 triangles from ebay last month, it said 8 to 10 days delivery, i usually order from hong kong for my electrical goods so tend to wait double the delivery time before complaining. this time I went to city link to track the order only to find they claim to have been out twice and also left a card... NO card was left. they have a photo of my door, or so they say, I can get one of those from google street view. and now the goods have been sent back to the seller.
The seeler has given me the option of cancelling the order - the delivery costs (which were free to me at purchase) or pay for him to re-send them. either way I end up paying.
I've looked on the web and this seems to be a common problem with city link, can someone explain where the scam is?
TheBearUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 21:48   #2
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBearUK View Post
Hi
I ordered one of those boxes of 20 triangles from ebay last month, it said 8 to 10 days delivery, i usually order from hong kong for my electrical goods so tend to wait double the delivery time before complaining. this time I went to city link to track the order only to find they claim to have been out twice and also left a card... NO card was left. they have a photo of my door, or so they say, I can get one of those from google street view. and now the goods have been sent back to the seller.
The seeler has given me the option of cancelling the order - the delivery costs (which were free to me at purchase) or pay for him to re-send them. either way I end up paying.
I've looked on the web and this seems to be a common problem with city link, can someone explain where the scam is?
Having had the very unpleasant experience of using CityLink for work purposes, and also had them damage a bonnet during delivery (and I mean REALLY damage it) I am not suprised they have let you down.

They are the biggest bunch of useless, feckless, incompetent imbeciles I have ever encountered. They do take photos of doors, but they NEVER leave a card - the photo of the door covers them basically, so they don't spend 5 minutes writing a card. This way they are never in the "wrong", cos they have done all they can and everything else is your fault. They tout the photo of the door thing as being comprehensive, while forgeting the fact the photo of the door means f-all - doesn't prove they knocked, rang or posted a card, just means they took a photo, that's all.

I detest them, they caused me no end of aggro at work for a while.

Even Yodel get my vote before they do.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 22:04   #3
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
Having had the very unpleasant experience of using CityLink for work purposes, and also had them damage a bonnet during delivery (and I mean REALLY damage it) I am not suprised they have let you down.

They are the biggest bunch of useless, feckless, incompetent imbeciles I have ever encountered. They do take photos of doors, but they NEVER leave a card - the photo of the door covers them basically, so they don't spend 5 minutes writing a card. This way they are never in the "wrong", cos they have done all they can and everything else is your fault. They tout the photo of the door thing as being comprehensive, while forgeting the fact the photo of the door means f-all - doesn't prove they knocked, rang or posted a card, just means they took a photo, that's all.

I detest them, they caused me no end of aggro at work for a while.

comprehensive reply .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 22:08   #4
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

CityLink are franchises - and often are totally useless.

I.E. here they are *by far* the worst courier... but in other areas they are brilliant. Luck of the draw
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 22:14   #5
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

"The Company" is not at fault, it is the useless lazy idle untrustworthy numpty in the delivery vehicle who is at fault.

i.e I once sent a 300kg Compressor via TNT............ It got "Lost" in Transit. Or to be more precise, one of their Employees took it home, probably flogged it on Ebay.

You cannot "lose" something the size of a Smart Car................
Old 27th April 2012, 16:30   #6
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

I have used city link many times & never had any issues with them.
I always make sure everything is well wrapped so no damage occurs.
I used them recently to collect a set of xenons I asked the seller before hand to make sure they were well package so no damage could occur.
To my alarm I was handed 2 beer boxes masking tape together I could feel the lights moving around inside and thought oh no.
To my complete surprise there was no damage maybe just lucky.
As said already luck of the draw here yodels hopeless there good at delivering empty boxes though as the contents appear to disappear.

When I post anything I forward the tracking info with expected delivery date and keep an eye on tracking info just in case.
wullie480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 17:22   #7
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

I will keep my own view on City Link as a company brief as otherwise the swear filter will be attacked.

Safe to say they are by far the worst courier I have used, bar none. I have sent things in packages capable of surviving nuclear attack and they have still managed to break, damage or wreck what’s inside.

DO NOT USE THEM!!!
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 21:08   #8
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBearUK View Post
Hi
So......let me get this straight. IF you cancel you still have to pay the delivery costs. IF you have them resend you have to pay the delivery costs?

If you cancel I don't see how you can be forced to pay? And as far as I believe the goods are the responsibility of the seller until you take delivery, which you haven't. It's a case of one word against another, a photo of a door is exactly that, a photo of a door, it's not proof they put a card through, nor is there any proof they tried twice.

Personally I'd cancel and have the seller take it up with city link for compensation of his costs. Its' NOT your responsibility.
Old 27th April 2012, 22:56   #9
capese21
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 Sports Auto.

Quote:
Goodness they must be bad
capese21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 23:13   #10
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by capese21 View Post
Goodness they must be bad
You have no idea.

My personal record was rebooking them 7 times for the same collection.

Which they couldn't find on 3 occasions, didn't have the paperwork (?) on 2, totally ignored the request on one and finally told the client they were DELIVERING a sofa (I work for a company dealing only with schools and nurseries etc with our own unique product) and wouldn't be able to get it through the door so were heading back to base.

You couldn't make it up.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote