Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th July 2012, 14:04   #1
Fubar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer

Default Comparisons Southampton / Chandlers Ford

Hi all. Being a new Rover owner, and relativly recent to driving in general (3 years). I couldn't tell you how responsive my car is, how well it accelerates... etc.

Don't suppose there's anyone in the Southampton / Chandlers Ford area with a 75 2.0 Diesel tourer who has done some of the mods (MAFAM, Synery, EGR bypass... etc) and willing to demonstrate there effectivness?

Heck, Even un-modified I'd be interested to see if mine has any short comings compared to a well maintained one.

Cheers,
Sam.

Last edited by Fubar; 12th July 2012 at 14:08..
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 16:39   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Can't help I'm afraid, my three are V6 Gas Guzzlers But greetings from across town
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 18:11   #3
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Hi all. Being a new Rover owner, and relativly recent to driving in general (3 years). I couldn't tell you how responsive my car is, how well it accelerates... etc.

Don't suppose there's anyone in the Southampton / Chandlers Ford area with a 75 2.0 Diesel tourer who has done some of the mods (MAFAM, Synery, EGR bypass... etc) and willing to demonstrate there effectivness?

Heck, Even un-modified I'd be interested to see if mine has any short comings compared to a well maintained one.

Cheers,
Sam.
If your ever in or around nottingham way,you are welcome to have a drive of mine apart from that i cant help apart from say with the synergy 2, off roverron and x power upgrade it goes like john terry after a teammates missus
Old 13th July 2012, 09:20   #4
Fubar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer

Cheers chaps. And Mark, if I'm ever confident enough in my car to drive that far, I may drop you a message.

Though just to clarrify, is the xpower upgrade just a software upgrade for the ECU? If so, my usual bugbear about software price applies :/
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 11:08   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Cheers chaps. And Mark, if I'm ever confident enough in my car to drive that far, I may drop you a message.

Though just to clarrify, is the xpower upgrade just a software upgrade for the ECU? If so, my usual bugbear about software price applies :/
Yes, it is just a firmware upgrade and there are several members on here able to do it for you on cheap.

I would though suggest doing all of the recommended easy fixes and checks, just to get things to 100% - EGR, O rings, MAF, MAP and consider investing in a Synergy.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 20:27   #6
borobrindo
Regular poster

MG ZT

Hi Fubar, I live in Chandlers Ford. Ive got an 04 facelift MG ZT 135 CDTi, ive not touched the engine apart from the air intake mod. Your more than welcome to take mine for a spin if you think theres anything wrong with yours?
borobrindo is offline   Reply With Quote