Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th May 2010, 07:10   #401
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
I think what Bernard is saying Rob that like me and many others we have to arrange our holidays a year in advance I myself have all ready lost two £40 deposits in the past by giving the club my support and I can no longer afford to do this so all we are asking is for the national meets to be organize well in advance and not at the last minute
I totally agree with you Derek. I really wanted to go to Gaydon as I have never been before. However when I had got a club pitch at Manningtree nearly 3 weeks before Gaydon was anounced. I could hardly then turn round and desert the meet that I had aranged. People need time to organise things. Yes Gaydon had a really good turn out, however think how much bigger is could have been like Cosford in 2009 for example that was anounced in early January IIRC.

What about this for future: Have a fixed National meet on say the 3rd Sunday in April and then have a second one on another date in late Summer?
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 17:33   #402
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

I carnt see why it appears such a problem booking a meet in advance if it helps you guys book holidays and time off. The boys who book the local meets seem to cope quite well. With two meets a year one could be north and another south to even it out however with 100 plus cars to park up it may not be as easy as it looks. Im glad all I have to do is turn up.
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 08:07   #403
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
I totally agree with you Derek. I really wanted to go to Gaydon as I have never been before. However when I had got a club pitch at Manningtree nearly 3 weeks before Gaydon was anounced. I could hardly then turn round and desert the meet that I had aranged. People need time to organise things. Yes Gaydon had a really good turn out, however think how much bigger is could have been like Cosford in 2009 for example that was anounced in early January IIRC.

What about this for future: Have a fixed National meet on say the 3rd Sunday in April and then have a second one on another date in late Summer?
gets my vote

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote