Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2018, 15:59   #1
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Brexit Negotiations to 2020

How strange now we have to abide by EU rules until December 2020, have no say after the exit time, hold off on other International trade agreements. While the EU concocts a deal to suit them..Is the EU worrying that other members will want to jump ship?
Old 29th January 2018, 16:33   #2
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
How strange now we have to abide by EU rules until December 2020, have no say after the exit time, hold off on other International trade agreements. While the EU concocts a deal to suit them..Is the EU worrying that other members will want to jump ship?

Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary Laim Fox has said. (2017)
Really?...........

living in NI with the NI/ROI border issue means living in the real world.
Old 29th January 2018, 16:43   #3
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
That was always the deal, we loose everything then we have then have to figure out what we have to sell to Papua New Guinea - oh and Europe - that we make here...... which is basically nothing that doesn't involve importing most of it ...... brilliant plan......

Maybe it would be if anyone at all was making any provision for it rather than mostly trying to be in charge of a political party
Old 29th January 2018, 18:00   #4
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Given they and we have dedicated people to sort this out, I wonder what is really going on here, unfortunately I'm not smart enough to work it out..
Old 31st July 2018, 14:43   #5
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Given they and we have dedicated people to sort this out, I wonder what is really going on here, unfortunately I'm not smart enough to work it out..
Simple really,We have the EU who are determind to make it as difficult for us to leave because they are frightened of loosing our money which will stop the Gravy Train,They are also scared of other countries following.

And secondly we have a PM who is at heart a Remainer.

Time to get rid of both.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Old 30th January 2018, 08:21   #6
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
That was always the deal, we loose everything then we have then have to figure out what we have to sell to Papua New Guinea - oh and Europe - that we make here...... which is basically nothing that doesn't involve importing most of it ...... brilliant plan......

Maybe it would be if anyone at all was making any provision for it rather than mostly trying to be in charge of a political party

Is it possible that an early clean Brexit would see UK Ltd crash and the government along with it? Personally, I was for staying in though, if we come out I'm not bothered about it..but let's get on with it asap which I believe would be best for business.
Old 30th January 2018, 21:51   #7
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

No matter what sort of deal we get hard. soft, Norwegian, custom union whatever half the country will be saying we should have stayed in and the other half will be saying we got the wrong deal. In the mean time the Govt will carry on merrily cutting public services or putting them in the hands of big business and then saying the costs are going up so they have to cut more.
One little example, saving money by outsourcing court services means we are now pay £50m to contractors. Courts have been closed and justice suffers. Who gains?
We moan about losing control while selling the national grid to the Chinese. Even old Ernie (NS&I Premium Bonds) are now administered by a French company.
Our problem isn't whether we are in Europe or out of Europe. Its whether we have a government that governs in our interest or just feathers their own nest.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
Old 31st January 2018, 07:15   #8
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Sidevalve, I agree, Brexit, Government and EU the whole lot to my mind has become a game of smoke and mirrors..rarely do we know what is actually going on. The great UK sell off, who if anyone has a credible plan? Trump perhaps
Old 31st January 2018, 10:26   #9
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

May and this government are going to pamper to Brussels's whim's and wishes and sell us down the swanny

Steve
Old 31st January 2018, 13:20   #10
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
I doubt it, whatever politicians say there really isn't anywhere else that would be profitable for EU members to trade with. America are 'being great again', China just wants to export anything other than luxury items and India.........

Everywhere else is just too far away.
Closed Thread