Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st October 2019, 17:21   #1
sonett

MG ZTT

Default Rear brake caliper MG ZTT 2003

Hello

As a resident of Sweden, it can sometimes only take a little time to get parts for my car.

Last time I needed to replace the rear right caliper, I bought one of the RimmerBros (SOB000040) which would be for ventilated discs.

Judge by my surprise when it turned out that the brake caliper only had a 36mm piston and had no room for the brake disc. And the mechanic who has serviced the car since new saw it was wrong.

When I contacted them they stated that with reference to my Vin SARRJLTFT3D290086, I would have solid discs and the brake caliper was right for my car.

The brake caliper that sits on is the original and the disc is 19mm and the one I got has only space for half that size ..

Someone here who has happened to the same thing - they don't seem to be so keen to admit that I got the wrong caliper but mean that the fault is on my car ??

What brake discs should I have and the associated caliper?

Translated via Google
sonett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 19:20   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonett View Post
Hello

As a resident of Sweden, it can sometimes only take a little time to get parts for my car.

Last time I needed to replace the rear right caliper, I bought one of the RimmerBros (SOB000040) which would be for ventilated discs.

Judge by my surprise when it turned out that the brake caliper only had a 36mm piston and had no room for the brake disc. And the mechanic who has serviced the car since new saw it was wrong.

When I contacted them they stated that with reference to my Vin SARRJLTFT3D290086, I would have solid discs and the brake caliper was right for my car.

The brake caliper that sits on is the original and the disc is 19mm and the one I got has only space for half that size ..

Someone here who has happened to the same thing - they don't seem to be so keen to admit that I got the wrong caliper but mean that the fault is on my car ??

What brake discs should I have and the associated caliper?

Translated via Google
As your car is a 190, it should have the vented discs. Your car is correct. They have made a mistake. Tell them your car is a 190 V6 2.5.

Here is one, which I have had for the front, and was identical including marking as original.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-ZTT...cAAOSwrI1dUUI5

made by the Danish company Budweg, who may deliver to you directly

https://budweg.com/product/?article=343007&car=11628

or use

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/...budweg-caliper

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 21st October 2019 at 19:23..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 19:24   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

click on 'alternative applications' this may give you an opportunity to buy something local to you.

https://budweg.com/product/?product-...3007&car=11628

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote