Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th September 2013, 12:30   #21
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
If I'd seen that I wouldn't have been using my phone for something other then filming. What an appalling piece of driving, if he's that bad at manoeuvring speed, what would he be like out on the open road at 50 or 60mph? Scary! Drivers like that need to be removed from the road for their own good as well as everyone else's!

Of course it also occurs that he may have had a drink or 2 which could have been impairing his driving.
Would have to concur!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 23:51   #22
Roger1
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.5 Tourer; 2022 MG HS; 2021 MG ZST

I felt sad watching it. It's not funny at all. We all grow old and losing one's independence and driving licence/ability is surely an awful time. This poor chap could have been helped much earlier and possibly avoided the damage to his door. Once home though - give the keys away!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 23:57   #23
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

The guys filming looked to me like they were in the way preventing the Rover taking a wide path.............idiots.

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 22:27   #24
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiel View Post
He wasn't trying to go around the corner. He was trying to park in the space.
That is what makes it even more of a WTF.
Its as if he was in a car for the first time, with the inability to see the simple need to reverse back whilst turning. Which is why, with the shuffling walk, i think he may have had a stroke in the past. Plenty of people out there like this, i would have thought that they need a medical examination after the stroke but they don't tell DVLA and just keep driving.
Still no reason to sit on your behind chuckling to yourself for that long though. People just don't want to get involved any more...
Chances are that at some point a Police Officer will see the videos then take a note of the number plate & the rest will be obvious!
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 22:43   #25
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Definitely mistakes on both sides. The driver is utterly incompetent, and, since it's almost certainly an auto, the fact that you can hear the car revving very hard when he stops next to the chap's Dad would indicate that he really shouldn't be driving at all, as he can't distinguish one pedal from the other. The rear bumper appears to be a different colour to the rest of the car, so he's probably done this before. Sad to see a car being ruined like this, but, the chap really shouldn't be on the road, on the strength of this. I know some cars have appalling turning circles, but the 75 doesn't, to my mind.
The chaps in the car could have offered to help, but, given the hostility which young people often receive from older people, particularly if seen to be criticising at all, I can sort of understand why they didn't intervene. I'd have offered, but, I suspect, any offer of help would have been declined at an earlier stage in proceedings.
Anyway, we can draw the following conclusions; It really shouldn't have been filmed, and, the chap shouldn't be driving.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 06:46   #26
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I think we all realise this poor old chap should be off the road. Most likely though he does very little mileage indeed as many older ones do, so is less of a hazard than those that fly around a town at 50 or racing their pals.
I would think once he got in a muddle nothing was going to fix the problem, it could only get worse.
Those idiots recording this have no conscience whatsoever, one day though the ball could be on the other foot and someone else could get a laugh at them!
Old 6th September 2013, 07:31   #27
Lost Soul
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S Type Sport

If some one can post a video of the event that others have asked for that does not include FB that would be of assistance. OP advised it went virual but have seen nothing in respect to it.
Lost Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 20:17   #28
humptynumpty
Retired

Health

i bet the filmers are no beter and have had moments with driving , i mean my 7year old nephew watched the video's and said the people in other cars are dicks and could have helped and i couldnt agree more
humptynumpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 15:00   #29
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

Out of respect I haven't see the clips but if this is an example of someone struggling to drive in a carpark I have some sympathy. I was directed to park in a public underground carpark run by a council a few weeks ago somewhere and there was only one space available, other than a load of empty disabled spaces. There were pillars between every second car, and the space I chose had a fairly small car, maybe a Focus, within its lines - just. It took me ages to line up the car to reverse in on his left without scraping the pillar, and I had about 10cm between me and the next car. I had to pull in my mirrors, and climb out the passenger seat. Absolutely ridiculously small space, and when I got out I realised the other car's driver's door was against his own pillar, meaning he would have to climb through his passenger door to get back in, which was now totally obstructed by my car. So after all that I had no option but to pull out - again involving much to-ing and fro-ing in such a tight space - and parked in the disabled bay which had much bigger spaces. I just don't understand the designers of some car parks, do they all drive Smart cars? I mean, the 75 is a saloon but it's small compared to many cars on the road.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 16:22   #30
stevo snr
Loves to post

Rover 75Mk2 Saloon Conn SE CDTi

What a pair of T***s