Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th December 2019, 23:48   #121
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well the saga for me comes to an end, I went into the bank and paid the fine 59 euros...........nope the bank has cocked it up

So after a week or so of tooing and froing to the bank, various phone calls etc etc etc, they admit they've made a mistake.

So I say who is going to pay the 50% increased fine now the deadline for payment has passed?

As a good will gesture they've waived the £8 service charge, and credited my account with £40, making the total I had to pay £42 after they actually paid the Dutch authorities

Never mind, it could have been much worse

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2019, 12:00   #122
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Well the saga for me comes to an end, I went into the bank and paid the fine 59 euros...........nope the bank has cocked it up

So after a week or so of tooing and froing to the bank, various phone calls etc etc etc, they admit they've made a mistake.

So I say who is going to pay the 50% increased fine now the deadline for payment has passed?

As a good will gesture they've waived the £8 service charge, and credited my account with £40, making the total I had to pay £42 after they actually paid the Dutch authorities

Never mind, it could have been much worse

Brian
You are not on your own. Three times I had to go to the bank. First to Lloyds Bank. Where they said they could not accept Euros?? To pay a Euro fine?? Went to my other bank, and they had me hanging about for twenty minutes because they had not got a clue what to do, this was after I had put everything down on a piece of paper who to, the name of the bank,ING. They told me there was not a bank called ING?? What. Went the next day ready for an interesting time, and got it. 40 minutes of faffing about even with the manager in attendance. I have the receipt’s from the bank but no acknowledgment from the Dutch Authorities. Both fine dates to be paid have now passed, so I hope I don’t get an ‘enhanced’ fine for non payment after you have got one. We will see.You say you payed by Euro’s?? My bank charged me £9.50. Must have seen me coming. I blame that Reverend Geezer.

Last edited by bl52krz; 5th December 2019 at 12:04..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2019, 12:14   #123
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
You are not on your own. Three times I had to go to the bank. First to Lloyds Bank. Where they said they could not accept Euros?? To pay a Euro fine?? Went to my other bank, and they had me hanging about for twenty minutes because they had not got a clue what to do, this was after I had put everything down on a piece of paper who to, the name of the bank,ING. They told me there was not a bank called ING?? What. Went the next day ready for an interesting time, and got it. 40 minutes of faffing about even with the manager in attendance. I have the receipt’s from the bank but no acknowledgment from the Dutch Authorities. Both fine dates to be paid have now passed, so I hope I don’t get an ‘enhanced’ fine for non payment after you have got one. We will see.You say you payed by Euro’s?? My bank charged me £9.50. Must have seen me coming. I blame that Reverend Geezer.
Do you mean MOIR! if you boy racers want to fly around in your second yoof!
then pay up and look big. you can afford it.
Just like to say I didn't get one so there ya boo! shucks.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2019, 16:56   #124
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Smile

Brian if you had the "right" cap on your coolant tank you wouldn't have had all this trouble. Chris.S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2019, 18:41   #125
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Do you mean MOIR! if you boy racers want to fly around in your second yoof!
then pay up and look big. you can afford it.
Just like to say I didn't get one so there ya boo! shucks.
The difference is I cann’t hide behind tapestry and cloaks like you in your wisdom do. It ain’t fair, boo hoo.
Old 5th December 2019, 22:12   #126
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

I seem to remember just filling in the forms, with my bank account details, and e-mailing them back to the French authorities. A week or so later, I received a receipt confirming payment - job done.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2019, 22:25   #127
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

I paid my fine, direct to the French authorities, online back in October . I just wanted it out of the way, with no further late payment penalties!
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2019, 23:15   #128
bl52krz
This is my second home

We could not pay online. It had to be through a bank by bank transfer.This was in Holland not France.Seems as though we missed out. Should have got nicked in the republic.
Old 6th December 2019, 22:06   #129
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

Got one of those and ignored it - never heard back again. They send them out, and if they get money in, good... otherwise, how can they chase? Not possible. So yes, just ignore. The French are the worst - I've driven in Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland (which has a fearsome rep. but never had problems there), Holland, Greece, Italy... only France do this from what I can tell.
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2019, 22:54   #130
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

But have you been back yet in the car the fine was issued to ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote