Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th October 2020, 18:41   #21
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Yep just got through the 3+ hours: very good indeed - what an enormous amount of work involved. I thought it was interesting for what was NOT filmed, ie no examination of the Phoenix debacle - what happened to the money - maybe legal inhibitions lurking. Just one sentence slipped in about the Facelift - no discussion, unless I missed it - on why and whether it was thought to be an improvement (I often see one, or rather recognise it as a R75 when it's gone past). I would have liked someone to have asked who thought it was a good idea to put the ECU in the plenum? And I didn't see any mention of why the diesel was detuned to 130HP - and also would have been illuminating to have had input from BigRuss and MarinaBrian on their cracking of the codes . . .

I do hope some way is found by The Mods to highlight this excellent DVD to new members or a permanent sticky on the Forum somewhere so this doesn't get forgotten and overlooked.
Old 15th October 2020, 19:30   #22
75 car girl
Avid contributor

75 tourer

Just ordered mine. Looking forward to watching it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
75 car girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2020, 05:53   #23
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Mine arrived yesterday so I'll start watching it over the weekend.
Old 16th October 2020, 06:09   #24
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Yep just got through the 3+ hours: very good indeed - what an enormous amount of work involved. I thought it was interesting for what was NOT filmed, ie no examination of the Phoenix debacle - what happened to the money - maybe legal inhibitions lurking. Just one sentence slipped in about the Facelift - no discussion, unless I missed it - on why and whether it was thought to be an improvement (I often see one, or rather recognise it as a R75 when it's gone past). I would have liked someone to have asked who thought it was a good idea to put the ECU in the plenum? And I didn't see any mention of why the diesel was detuned to 130HP - and also would have been illuminating to have had input from BigRuss and MarinaBrian on their cracking of the codes . . .

I do hope some way is found by The Mods to highlight this excellent DVD to new members or a permanent sticky on the Forum somewhere so this doesn't get forgotten and overlooked.
Maybe those questions could be asked at a later date as we would all like to know those answers plus a few more.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2020, 17:36   #25
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

My copy arrived yesterday and today I made some time to sit down and watch it. I enjoyed every minute of it but it is so thorough that I'll need to watch it a few more times yet to take it all in. Awesome project though, great value for money and I would recommend it to anyone.
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 16:38   #26
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Mine arrived and I started watching today. What a pleasure to see my newest purchased car in the video! This puts a Huge smile on my face. Can anyone tell me, the car on the cover of the dvd, which one is used for that? YPG496? Edit: I AM proud because I do recognise this being my car now! Happy owner here!

Last edited by Azur; 1st January 2021 at 18:35..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2021, 17:42   #27
jim_k
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

This is a must watch for any 75 fan. Really enjoyed it.
The Rover guys were so proud of the car that they made.
jim_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:27   #28
brianw
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Rover 75 1.8 Auto Connie

I have just ordered a copy.
I look forward to watching it.
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2021, 08:23   #29
John_C

None

I finally thought I should join the forum despite not being a Rover 75 or MG ZT owner but in case anyone is wondering, I'm the chap who created the 'Code Name R40' Blu-ray and DVD release.

Just short of 270 copies have been sold as I write so I've almost reached my top estimate of 300. A few enthusiasts reported that they could not purchase via my TriumphDVD web site and so I also listed some discs on eBay but have just had to remove that listing owing to a purchaser claiming I am a pirate. Sorry about that. I have taken the matter up with eBay but I won't hold my breath. If anyone starts to see copies of my work available for sale from anyone else could you please let me know because that will confirm my suspicions of what this eBay purchaser was really up to. And I do have his name... or rather three names as he uses multiple identities/aliases.

Anyone who wants to contact me privately please ping me a message on this forum or email me. My email can be had from my TriumphDVD web site if it's not accessible on here.

Thank you all for supporting this major piece of work which took me almost three years and 3000 manhours to complete. Hope to meet some of you in the future as I expect to get along to plenty of shows as usual... once I've been injected by a nice nursie of course!

John.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2021, 08:28   #30
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Hi John, great to see you on the forum, welcome! You did an amazing piece of work creating the movie, I am very happy owning the DVD now, a real pleasure to watch it! See you somewhere in the future!

Thanks and regards,

Emiel

PS, it is never to late to become a Rover 75 owner

Last edited by Azur; 15th January 2021 at 08:31..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote