Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd December 2020, 08:07   #1
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Arrow Replacement for Navall II system

Well the screen, in the V6, has eventually decided to operate only when and where it wants which is mostly never either that or my finger isn't suitable nowadays!

Anuhoo I think it's time to take it out and replace it with something else but not being an expert in these things I thought I'd ask a bit of advice as to what is a decent set at a decent price!
I use an android phone, the chinese spy one , so I'd rather stick to an android system for the hands-free utility etc, also have the reversing camera and would like steering wheel control capability.
Being a radio ham I'm not afraid of soldering but I reckon sometimes it's just as well to replace the unit as a whole instead of replacing the screen!

Apologies as it probably has been asked a million times but electronic thingummies things evolve so any pointers will be more than welcome

PS: I'd be happy to accept a second-hand (working) unit if anyone has one lying around they no longer use!

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced

Last edited by Mason6; 23rd December 2020 at 08:08.. Reason: update
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:25   #2
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

I will watch this with interest.

Another job that I need to do on Dad's car is update the radio.

Dad's car is a 53 plate ZT-T 190

From the factory it had a single DIN, with steering wheel controls and a CD multichanger in the drivers side rear wing. It currently has a Pioneer Single DIN.

I will need to install a Apple and Android compatible system, with SATNAV and possibly camera's front and rear.
Old 24th December 2020, 13:49   #3
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Sadly any of these Android style systems seem to have a shortish life. My Navall 3 has its problems. Neither of the memory card slots now work and it can take an age to get the SatNav to wake up. Mine is 4 years old and is always on in the 35k miles I have done, not great but I suppose it wasn't that expensive. When you see the price of some units from manufacturers you have heard of before I suppose we have to expect it.

I am hoping Santa has a surprise for me after all the hints I dropped a few months ago.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 15:16   #4
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Lots of threads about Android head units if you do a quick search but i've had mine a couple of years now and still very pleased with it's performance. It's an Xtrons unit designed to fit into the slot without needing any blanking plates and is effectively plug and play but you will have to connect 2 wires to get the SWC working correctly.

https://xtrons.co.uk/bmw-various-and...gb-rom-pa7046b

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 24th December 2020 at 15:24..
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 16:43   #5
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Arrow

Yes thank you 'Rogue', there's so much out there and some of the info is a wee bit out-dated however I think I'd pretty much settled on an X-trons just haven't decided which one!

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote