Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2010, 00:13   #1
bish1980
Regular poster

MGZT V6 190+

Default Zt 190+ 2.5v6 (2001) Washers Not Working Hertfordshire

Hi All

Neither of the washers on my bonnet seem to squirt any water at the window screen - anyone know why this happens or how to resolve this?, when i pull the arm/stick in the car i notice that the water dribbles out of the openings but it does not squirt to the windown screen itself, from what i have been told, my car will fail an MOT on this and also that it may be algea that has grown inside the water tank, are these true and how can i get rid of it without removing everything like bumpers and stuff just to sort this out.

thanks

marc bishop
bish1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 00:44   #2
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Try cleaning the nozzles with a pin first, then unplug the lil feed pipes underneath and blow through them to make sure they are clear.

If the washer jets keep blocking up then you may have to clean the main tank, that involves removing the front bumper for access..

Last edited by James.uk; 19th April 2010 at 00:47..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 09:35   #3
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Common cause of low pressure washers is build up of sludge round the washer motor filter. It is possible to access the washer bottle via the front offside wheelarch by removing the front of the liner from the wing. The motor is clipped into the side of the bottle and will pull out of the filter once unclipped. Then you need to remove the rubber filter, stand by for the contents of the bottle to follow!, clean the filter and flush the bottle through to clean out any residue. Then reassemble.

Should do the trick.

Regards
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:57   #4
bish1980
Regular poster

MGZT V6 190+

would this be the cause of the washers for the lights not working now too?????
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:03   #5
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

yes you can clean the filters from the wheel arch access panel, quite easy too.......by any chance did you let your water run dry for a while? my bonnet jets quit working after my tank ran out and even with water in the tank again it took a few days to work again?
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 01:07   #6
bish1980
Regular poster

MGZT V6 190+

is that the wheel arch panel on the drivers side?? im not sure if i have ever run it dry, a couple of times when just the lights washers worked (when they worked) i had a message on the message centre saying water was low but i dont think they were ever dry. However i filled it up yesterday and the water has not moved, i have been trying them alot today, i have even removed the hoeses and conecters to the ju=ets on the underside of the bonnet and tried pins but still no joy.

What am i looking for in the wheel arch, a clip or something???
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:32   #7
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

not sure if blue members can till read the how to.
but here the link if you can,

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=16328
if not pay £10 a year to go red. best £10 you will spend

if you sill cant do the job,after going red, being it to me about 25 mins away and I will do it for you free.

Last edited by kevin; 23rd April 2010 at 14:34..
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:35   #8
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Marc

You're welcome to pop round one day...
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:06   #9
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

drivers side wheel archsmall rectangular hatch
easy peasy
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:10   #10
Fraser Mitchell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Club Auto

The front of the driver-side inner wheel arch cover, (a thin flexible black plastic moulding inside the wheel arch), needs unfixing at the front and peeling back. It helps to have the road wheel off, but is not essential, just turn steering to right or left lock. There are as I remember about 4 screws to undo to release the front of the liner, two inside the wheel arch, (one is vertical into the bumper moulding upwards), and two underneath. You also have to remove the access panel for the headlight bulbs first. Once you have the washer bottle in view, you have to pull the pump off vertically, (it will come complete with wiring OK unless you first pull off the plug from its socket), whereupon all the washer fluid will gush out over your hand !! Detach wiring and remove and examine the black rubber filter over the pump. This is normally coated in gunge, and should be cleaned under a running hot tap. Also flush the washer reservoir with hot, (just boiling water, plus a bit of bleach, to kill the bacteria, (yes, really !!), then flush for about 10 minutes with a hose into the filler tube.

Re-assemble and all should be well; (until the next time)

If the above does not work, it is bottle-off time involving removal of bumper, to allow you to really, REALLY clear out the resevoir and its gunge
Fraser Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote