Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th September 2019, 14:11   #1
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Brake line change ,where does this union live??

I'm in the process of replacing all brake lines and hoses, the listing for the copper brake lines reads as follows;

Front to Rear - Passenger Side

Front to Rear - Driver's Side

Front - Passenger Side

Front - Driver's Side

Item Specifics

Copper Brake Pipe

IMPORTANT NOTE: Front to rear pipes run from the front 2 / 4 way brass union to the rear flexible pipe position. If your car DOES NOT have the 2 / 4 way brass union then these lines will NOT be suitable.

My question is, the union mentioned is supposedly on the near side under passenger feet position.I've searched the best I can but at the moment cannot place this union .My vehicle is a 2002 V6 Connie
Would someone be good enough to discuss the brake system with me, where would I find the union that the brake line manufacturer stipulates?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uion 2.jpg (49.1 KB, 33 views)
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 17th September 2019 at 15:33.. Reason: better picture and more positive info.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 15:05   #2
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

The top picture is the ABS modulator, so yes you have ABS
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 15:11   #3
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

many thanks for confirmation that helps,any idea where the other union might be?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 17th September 2019, 15:41   #4
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Moderator action please on heading thank you

Could I ask if a forum moderator would be good enough to alter the heading of my post in the main Forum index to correspond with actual heading when post is opened?
Editing was necessary as new info had been made available to me,plus a better photo Thankyou.
Old 17th September 2019, 16:45   #5
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

The union is on the drivers side, follow the 2 underfloor brake lines towards the front of the car, as they turn up at the firewall the union is located there.
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 17:30   #6
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Thanks Phil Due to the "information" given by the manufacturer I was searching passenger side!!No wonder I couldn't find it....come the morning I shall do as you suggest Thanks once again
Old 18th September 2019, 11:08   #7
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Hi Phil, sorry to trouble you again, but still having problems finding this union, I'm not as flexible as I used to be, so I'm going to place the car on ramps and take a look. Can you give me a measurement taken from drivers side body sill to approx. position of union to assist in location, or any further location info that may help. Many thanks Derek (caskin)

Last edited by Caskin; 18th September 2019 at 11:10.. Reason: Grammer
Old 18th September 2019, 11:51   #8
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Mr Caskin.---Respectfully, take it slow and easy with reference to the last item in your JOBS DONE list.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 12:04   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Hi Phil, sorry to trouble you again, but still having problems finding this union, I'm not as flexible as I used to be, so I'm going to place the car on ramps and take a look. Can you give me a measurement taken from drivers side body sill to approx. position of union to assist in location, or any further location info that may help. Many thanks Derek (caskin)
Imagine where your heel rests.on the floor when pressing the brake/accelerator pedal, it is more or less below that on the underside of the floor.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 13:02   #10
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
... I'm going to place the car on ramps and take a look.
You'll see it once you do that Derek. Just follow back the two brake lines running under the floorpan on the driver's side as Phil has said and you can't miss it.

I'm going to offer you my guide to brake pipe renewal as I think it will save you asking a lot of questions.

Simon