Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd December 2011, 10:00   #21
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDog View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I know I have to spend a little on it to get it up to scratch, but I believe it is a good car.

The interior is decent, seats are a bit bobbly so I'm going I get a debobbler, door cards appear to have the normal issue which im going to look at, as well as a few other jobs. I want to sell it with the new owner not needing to do too much to it, more so make it their own so to speak.

Re the history, I'll have to check but it has alot of of invoices. It's Alexandra got egr bypass, Pcv has been done, bonnet cable mod, o rings. It's due a service in 5k miles which would be done early before I sell (oil, filters). A/c will be regassed too.

Not sure what else I can say about the car really. It would be sad to see it go but needs possibly must!

It's a 2003 52 reg, hpi clear, tax til end July, mot til may.

It's a zt+ cdti on log book. First registered 14/01/2003. It has xpower stickers on the b pillar and when checked by MarinaBrian, it looked like it was xpowered on 19/01/2003.

It's averaged 45.39mpg over the last 3603 miles.
I know this'll bring the haters out, but you have asked for opinions, so here's mine.

Once car's get over 100,000 miles, despite us both knowing that there's probably another 150,000 miles life in the car before any major expense, it does put off a LOT of buyers.

With it being a buyers market at the moment, buyers can afford to be choosy, so if they are looking for something over 100,000 miles, it will either need to be;

A) Cheap

or

B) Be immaculate with full history.

Now I'm not doubting that the car does look nice in the pictures, however with CAP Dealer Retail at this mileage being only £1,995, to expect to get this in a private sale in the current economic climate, I think is unrealistic.

I would think in the current market place, the car will make around £1,050-£1,100.

The only way to truly find out what a car is worth, is to put it on a 10 day auction with a 99p start with no reserve, but I doubt very much that it would be very different to the figure I have mentioned.

Do you have to sell the car 1st to fund the next one, or are you in the lucky postion that you can buy a car of the spec that you are looking for 1st and then sell yours afterwards?
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:11   #22
AngryDog
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT CDTi 116+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
I know this'll bring the haters out, but you have asked for opinions, so here's mine.

Once car's get over 100,000 miles, despite us both knowing that there's probably another 150,000 miles life in the car before any major expense, it does put off a LOT of buyers.

With it being a buyers market at the moment, buyers can afford to be choosy, so if they are looking for something over 100,000 miles, it will either need to be;

A) Cheap

or

B) Be immaculate with full history.

Now I'm not doubting that the car does look nice in the pictures, however with CAP Dealer Retail at this mileage being only £1,995, to expect to get this in a private sale in the current economic climate, I think is unrealistic.

I would think in the current market place, the car will make around £1,050-£1,100.

The only way to truly find out what a car is worth, is to put it on a 10 day auction with a 99p start with no reserve, but I doubt very much that it would be very different to the figure I have mentioned.

Do you have to sell the car 1st to fund the next one, or are you in the lucky postion that you can buy a car of the spec that you are looking for 1st and then sell yours afterwards?
Wow, I'd be utterly shocked and dismayed if the value of my car had dropped by over £1k in 5 months. It had over 100k on it when I bought it, and you see other ZT's with more miles going for over £2k as well. If it was the case that all I could get would be £1k then I'd rather keep it and ruin it, running it into the ground.

I have 2 cars, one of them has to go, but only at the money I can really afford to let it go for.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:26   #23
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

WHAT WOULD IT BE WORTH ????
i think it would be worth...................... keeping :xmas-smiley-004:

i know how you feel about the money side of it .. had to let mine go for £1300 when i know i could have got at least £2000 for it, plus it had everything an 18t owner would want bar the new coolant level sensor,, had the sean dd with parking camera too ,amp and bass box

Last edited by chrissyboy; 23rd December 2011 at 10:30..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:55   #24
AngryDog
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT CDTi 116+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
WHAT WOULD IT BE WORTH ????
i think it would be worth...................... keeping :xmas-smiley-004:

i know how you feel about the money side of it .. had to let mine go for £1300 when i know i could have got at least £2000 for it, plus it had everything an 18t owner would want bar the new coolant level sensor,, had the sean dd with parking camera too ,amp and bass box
I'd like to keep it, but I cant afford the huge loss on my Vectra. If the Vectra sells for reasonable money then I'd likely keep the ZT.

I saw your posts about your car - looked a good one, was a shame you had to sell it .
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:01   #25
ashleywood.ash
Loves to post

ZT-T

as said stick it on the bay at a low price or even 99p. I wouldnt do it until just after new year though. it will fetch at least £1500 i would say. when I was looking at ZT'S in October similar cars to yours were fetching £1500 - 1800. I watched loads for over a month and didnt see a diesel go for less than 1500, but then non went for more than 1900 at your age and spec.

ZT is nicer than a vectra all day long though as Vectras are boring
ashleywood.ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:02   #26
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
you see other ZT's with more miles going for over £2k as well. If it was the case that all I could get would be £1k then I'd rather keep it and ruin it, running it into the ground.
You can advertise a car for ANY price, whether it sells or not, is another matter!

You could always try an experiment if you want (it'll cost you £15)

List your car on ebay with a 99p start starting at around 8 pm on a Thursday, on a 10 day listing and put a £2,000 reserve on it.

The car will then be on for 2 weekends (giving it maximum exposure) and will finish at 8 pm on a Sunday (when most people are at home).

If it makes reserve, then you've sold your car for the money you wanted for it, if it makes close to you what you want, you can always "2nd Offer" it and if it doesn't make anywhere near £2,000, you have;

A) Find out what it's worth in the current market place

and

B) It's only cost you the listing fee's!
Old 23rd December 2011, 19:23   #27
AngryDog
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT CDTi 116+

Pretty sensible that mrdoodles. I'll give it a try in the new year maybe once I've sorted the bits on it
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:58   #28
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

yep ebay it I like the seats
I wonder what they might look better in
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:21   #29
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Pretty sensible that mrdoodles. I'll give it a try in the new year maybe once I've sorted the bits on it
I monitor ebay on a daily basis (to keep up with values) so look forward to seeing it and hope you get what you want for it!
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:08   #30
AngryDog
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT CDTi 116+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
I monitor ebay on a daily basis (to keep up with values) so look forward to seeing it and hope you get what you want for it!
Thanks! (sorry for late reply!).

I am planning on putting it up for sale some time around Feb / March time, once I've got everything done to make it a car that someone can just get in and drive without having to spend too much maintenance money on it.