Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th March 2019, 08:24   #1
rm197
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Default How to contact DMGRS

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to contact DMGRS?

I placed an order on the 21st and haven't heard anything since from him, have tried emailing, messaging and Facebook messenger but no response?

The email i've used is the one on the website- [email protected]

Its a rear upper arm ive ordered so car has been in bits since last thursday whilst I wait for it and cycle to work!
rm197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 09:32   #2
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

`That's strange. Mine arrived yesterday.
I know he does a lot on his own so may be very busy. I sent him a PM yesterday and he hasn't replied yet either.
This is unusual as Mat is normally very good.
Have you looked on his website for a phone number?
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 09:38   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm197 View Post

I placed an order on the 21st and haven't heard anything since from him, have tried emailing, messaging and Facebook messenger but no response?

Its a rear upper arm ive ordered so car has been in bits since last thursday whilst I wait for it and cycle to work!
HI Rhys.
This is as good as anyway to hopefully get in touch, as someone may mention that you have posted, or he may even see it himself when he logs in, he used to be a regular on here but not so much nowadays.

Trying to contact Mat as been a much posted debate over the years since he started back in 2013, he was then asked if he would or could supply a phone number, and as been asked nearly every year since, sadly it as not been forthcoming, all he would need is a cheap phone, cheap sim plan lets say Sky £3 per month, he would not have to call anyone as the customer would call him.

The phone could be turned off at the end of his working day, and at weekends if he did not work, not hard to do really, so as said above here is as good as any place to get in touch as you have tried the other avenues he is can be contacted by, I feel for you when you need to get the work carried out asap so you can get to work other than using your bike, good luck with in anyways.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 09:52   #4
rm197
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

OK thanks guys, guess I will just have to wait for a response? Not ordered from him before but thought I wasn't looking in the right place when I went to find a phone number! Couldn't see one anywhere!
Old 27th March 2019, 11:00   #5
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm197 View Post

Oh dear

Stand back from the welter of criticism due any minute now from the sycophants for having the cheek to ask for contact numbers after failing to get a response and wondering whats going on?
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 11:25   #6
rm197
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

He has just been in touch with me now and confirmed it will be with me today or tomorrow, perfect
Old 27th March 2019, 11:52   #7
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Oh dear

Stand back from the welter of criticism due any minute now from the sycophants for having the cheek to ask for contact numbers after failing to get a response and wondering whats going on?

Said by someone who's never had the misfortune of having to do a full days work while there is a direct dial phone on their desk and a published phone number...

Do job, or answer phone

btw..

disclaimer: I am in no hurry or rush to defend Matt/DMGRS nor am I at all subservient to Matt: neither do I gain any advantage by making this post. So please keep your comments of 'welters' and 'sychophants' to yourself.
Finally - if you want to only purchase from a business with a published telephone contact number, then I'd suggest that you make sure that there is a phone number available before ordering.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 16:55   #8
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Said by someone who's never had the misfortune of having to do a full days work while there is a direct dial phone on their desk and a published phone number...

Do job, or answer phone

btw..

disclaimer: I am in no hurry or rush to defend Matt/DMGRS nor am I at all subservient to Matt: neither do I gain any advantage by making this post. So please keep your comments of 'welters' and 'sychophants' to yourself.
Finally - if you want to only purchase from a business with a published telephone contact number, then I'd suggest that you make sure that there is a phone number available before ordering.

Said by someone who bizarrely has clearly assumed what they shouldn't assume.

Not that its any of your business but I have been self employed running a service business for over 25 years with a mobile phone at my side every minute of those years so that customers are immediately able to contact me. Backed up with immediate reply to any office line messages left upon arrival back at the office. It's how most businesses' work in the real world.

I think that it is fair to say that during those 25 years not one Email communication has gone unanswered nor one phone call ignored. One must only wonder at what business' you have dealt with over the years.

If it is temporarily inconvenient to answer whlist a task is being carried out that precludes answering........ a left answerphone message or missed call indication generates an immediate callout to those trying to make contact at the first opportunity.

It's called customer service and is vital for most business' in order to provide customer satisfaction and of course to generate future business.

Presumably the next time you call your local council, insurance company, tax office, utility company, plumber, electrician or any other business or service and can never get an answer you'll just hang up with a cheery "Oh well, fair play I suppose they're working its only fair that they never pick up the phone to my calls or don't provide a phone number in the first place, nor answer emails"

So in my own and I would imagine in most businesses cases it very much is a case of.

Do job and answer phone!

Its not really difficult you know and I've no idea where you and others get some bizarre notion that it is. I've never known any tradesperson working in my house that doesn't immediately answer his/her mobile phone when it rings with a current or potential customer on the line just as I do.

What is evident on a recurring basis is that customers of said supplier seem to frequently have to make a public appeal on here for any sort of response to their queries about parts arrivals following the failure of response of all other avenues of contact which mirrors my previous experience before a bunch of consumer champions on here jumped in criticising the very outrageous thought that I should expect delivery of items paid for or a response to Emails or 'heaven forbid' a phone number with which to make a polite enquiry as to whether something has gone wrong.. ( I should stress that payment was refunded by the supplier following the non arrival of either the original order or the supposed replacement order both of which I assume are still floating about in delivery world outer space to this day)

One would also wonder how said supplier would ever have been made aware that an order ( including my own) had gone missing if the customer is unable to extablish contact other than by repeated appeals on a car forum, only for those attempting to make contact to find themselves criticised by those who have no business getting involved and ironically aren't the ones wondering about the non arrival of their order and obviously the customer has no indication by lack of response as to whether the supplier is aware either of the delivery failure.

Ironically one of the most vociferous critics from in my case never stops bleating about their own non arrival of an order from Mr Radioguy apparantly it's a different matter when its themselves in a similar situation.

My observation is with those on this forum who regularly defend the notion that it acceptable for a business to not reply to emails whilst failing to provide any other communication channels rather than the ex supplier in my case with whom my business was concluded for good with a refund ( only after being badgered for a response on here of course by myself and another customer who was struggling for contact)

I am still struggling to comprehend the thoughts of those who think that it is acceptable for any business to have no reasonable channels of communication in order to answer queries about either the business or potential or actual orders and given that acceptance have the cheek to demand that others accept such behaviour and standards also when they expect better.

I find it quite bizarre and wonder what firms or businesses you and others have been dealing with throughout your lives that don't provide reliable contact details.

I most certainly must have been moving in different circles for the last 50 years.

Last edited by bendrick; 27th March 2019 at 17:26..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 18:30   #9
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Said by someone who bizarrely has clearly assumed what they shouldn't assume....

Do job and answer phone!

Its not really difficult you know and I've no idea where you and others get some bizarre notion that it is. I've never known any tradesperson working in my house that doesn't immediately answer his/her mobile phone when it rings with a current or potential customer on the line just as I do.

I most certainly must have been moving in different circles for the last 50 years.

Seems I did wrongly assume, sorry.

However, not withstanding the rest of your lengthy post I stand by the rest. For Matt it's a decision that he's upfront about and always has been.

Unlike the other shyster 'trader' you try to drag into the discussion. Matt does publish his business address and details and operate from the UK. There's no worthwhile comparison.

I'd much prefer anyone I hire to do a job... to do that job without distraction (or doing other business on my penny).

It also occurs to me this question.

How do you know that you've never missed an email?? If you'd missed it you'd only know if someone else told you. The fact that no-one has just means that no-one has told you that you've missed an email - not that you have never missed one....

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 19:57   #10
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I was concerned at Matts inability to respond in an instant when I first joined the club. I was also dismayed to be on the receiving end of negative comments when I posted on here about my misgivings.

Happy to say that with many years of experience of Matts excellent service now - hang on in there - I am sure it will be sorted.

Ignore the negativity - some people would seek to have an argument with a signpost...........
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote