Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd February 2019, 22:00   #11
monty1
Avid contributor

mg zt-t deisel

done the darlington to aberdeen and return for years on the london kings cross train, horrendous experiences on these things over the years, now i do it in the tourer im much more relaxed and its the way forward for many of the guys i work with
monty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:18   #12
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Trains 😡 hardly ever on time, rough rides, when I was a kid I asked for a train set for Xmas, opening my presents on Xmas day and found a train set box, upon opening it I found just tracks and no trains, so I asked my mum where are the trains ? She said “there’s been a train strike hence no trains,I’m just preparing you for the future of rail transport”.

Don’t use them mate
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:27   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

used the train to get to Gatwick and back, must say it was an easy journey but rush hour on a train, omg no thanks

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:50   #14
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well that was an experience and a half........the "girls" got off at Darlington with a promise of a lift from one of their boyfriends to Middlesbrough via the kebab shop

Anyway, a quick text to my old man secured the remedy to public transport.......I couldn't even stomach another minute, so no taxi, no bus or metro to pick up my car from the parents place.

I got to drive the last leg of the journey, in a civilised but slow 1800 nasp 75.

Bliss, no "public" to put up with, no clapped out bone shaker carriage, no crying infants, no blutered wimmin cackling their heads off.

First and last time in 25 years on a train.........you can say what you like about public transport, but even if it were free I wouldn't use it again

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 23:37   #15
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
It's getting worse three women sailing four sheets to the wind have joined the train at York
Cackling like fishwives and doing Mrs Brown impressions
Give me Strength!!

Could try the 36 bus from Leeds to H'gate - anytime after 6pm on Saturday - they get down to the serious stuff early in Leeds... At least I can get off somewhere civilised. And it doesn't take more than 40minutes. All that way from the smoke: you have my sympathy.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 08:21   #16
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Last November we took a group of students up to the South Bank for a Spanish Film event at the BFI. We checked out the trains - about £45/£50 per person so with 12 going that was about £600 !!

So I drove the Mini bus - £50 in fuel, Congestion Charge which I think is £21:50 (?) and parking for the day at Britannia Parking just round the back of Tommy’s was £20.

So less than £100.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 08:33   #17
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I went to London once. Never been back thankfully!
Old 24th February 2019, 08:38   #18
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Sometimes rail journeys can be dreadful. Other times they can be great
Sometimes driving can be awful, other times it can be a joy.
I regularly have to drive to Glasgow, a journey which in the morning takes around 80 minutes. On the occasions I can take the train it takes around 25 minutes
I find little joy in driving the daily commute - albeit it's in an Auris

Had a great journey down to the NEC last November by train, £40 return from Glasgow. Everything on time, quiet and lots of lager

It's the luck of the draw
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 08:40   #19
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

We often travel down to London with East Midland Trains from Nottingham, takes an hour and fifty minutes, always on time and clean and tidy.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 08:50   #20
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Last time I used the train was middle of last year, Penrith to Birmingham new street and back again the following day. The journey down wasn’t too bad, I found my seat and it was quite relaxing. The journey back however, I had no seat number so I had to sit in a reserved seat until that person got on the train and kept moving to seats as people got off until the next person that had reserved it got on. Turns out there was no reservable seats left for the journey home but you could still buy a ticket and ‘hot seat’ Far to peopley

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote