Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Humour Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th June 2023, 15:23   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I値l get my coat

Bob and Betty were both twenty-two years old, they had been sweethearts since meeting on the first day of school:

They got married on a glorious autumn afternoon while surrounded by family and friends in their small town church.

Both families had worked together to make the wedding reception an event that would be talked about for the rest of their lives.

They spent their first night together in a local hotel as they needed to be up early to catch their flight to Europe for their honeymoon.

The hotel was run by one of Betty's uncles and their stay was a gift to them.

Betty's aunt was also up early to make sure they had a good breakfast to get their long trip off to a good start.

On the dot of five am, exactly as promised, Bob's cousin James arrived to drive them to the airport.

They'd given themselves plenty of time for the drive in case of a hold up, but it went without a hitch and they arrived early, checked in and sat down to wait.

Eventually the flight was called and they made their way to the boarding gate and were directed to their seats.

Carefully, they read the instructions telling them how to fasten their seat belts and what to do in an emergency.

Equally carefully they listened to the safety briefing. It was the first time either of them had flown and they felt slightly nervous.

After the aircraft had lifted off, they both relaxed and a while later they both dozed off, tired after their late, very late, night.

They pass through customs and immigration at Transilvania Airport without any problems and made their way to the car hire desk, collect their car and drive away into a dark, stormy and very wet night, heading for their hotel some thirty miles away.

As they are driving along a rather deserted stretch of road it is still raining very hard and Bob can barely see 20 feet ahead.

The tyres hit a puddle of water and Bob loses control. He struggles to keep the car on the road, but to no avail, it swerves and smashes into a tree!

Moments later, Bob shakes his head to clear the fog. Dazed, he looks over at Betty and sees her unconscious with her head bleeding.

Not knowing exactly where they are or where the nearest help might be found and despite the rain, Bob decides to carry Betty to find help.

He covers Betty with a raincoat, carefully picks her up and begins trudging down the road.

After a short while, he sees a light. He heads towards it, as they get close he sees it's coming from an old, large house.

He approaches the door and knocks.

A minute or two passes.

As the door creaks open, Bob sees a small, hunched man opening the door.

Bob immediately blurts. "Hello, my name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty. We've been in a terrible accident and my wife has been seriously hurt. Can I please use your phone?"

"I'm sorry." Replied the man. "But we don't have a phone. My master is a Doctor, come in and I will get him!"

Bob carries his wife in to the entrance hall of a very grand house and gently lays her on a couch.

Moments later a very tall elegantly dressed man descends the stairs.

"I'm afraid my assistant may have misled you. I am not a medical doctor, I am a scientist. However, it is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have had a basic medical training. I will see what I can do. Igor, bring them down to the laboratory."

Bob bends to pick up Betty, but the injury he she sustained the the effort of carrying Betty for the last few miles have taken their toll.

Igor gently puts a hand on Bob's arm saying. "Please allow me to help."

Feeling guilty and grateful at the same time Bob steps back.

Ever so gently, as if she were a new born babe, Igor picks up Betty and carries her downstairs, with Bob following closely.

Igor places Betty on a table in the lab. Seeing his love safe, Bob collapses from exhaustion and his own injuries. Igor picks him up and puts him on an adjoining table.

After a brief examination, Igor's master looks worried.

"Things are serious, Igor. Prepare a transfusion."

Igor and his master work feverishly, but to no avail.

Bob and Betty Hill's short lives are over.

The Hills' deaths upset Igor's master greatly.

Wearily, he leaves the laboratory and climbs the many flights of stairs to his conservatory, which is on a terrace and houses his grand piano.

It is here that he has always found solace.

He begins to play and a stirring, almost haunting, melody fills the house.

Meanwhile, Igor is tidying up the lab.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees movement. When he turns to look properly, he sees Betty's fingers twitching. He's stunned but as he watches Bob's arm begins to rise and wave in time to the music! When Betty sits straight up he staggers back against a workbench!

Unable to contain himself, he dashes up the stairs to the conservatory.

Despite being under strict instruction not to disturb his master when he's at the piano, Igor bursts in.

Exasperated, the Doctor says. "Igor, haven't I told you..."

He realises something is amiss when Igor ignores him and shouts.

"Master, Master! The Hills are alive with the sound of music!"

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote