Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd January 2016, 21:33   #71
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXman View Post
Sold for £5300 in the end (Not £53000!)
But given you said the winning bidder pulled out from the sale with a flimsy excuse, does this mean the car remains unsold?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 13:35   #72
FREDPLY
Avid contributor

club touring

Default V8 on eBay

Quote:
My oh my...how did I miss this thread. I am said 'enthusiast' or was that 'enthusiastic' owner of the ebay'd ZT-T.

A dog eh? A bit of a wreck?. Now interesting that none of you naysayers have actually seen the car.

A little about me. Yes, enthusiastic is me. I have a 300bhp VX220 as a weekend and track toy. i have a 250 bhp RS Megane cup as a run around and I have owned the ZT for 9 years and done 50K or so miles in it including trips to Portugal, Hungary, Scotland and the tip with the rubbish...it is an estate after all. Oh and I play in a band so it was my 'van' for gigs. It has been around the Nurburgring and had a day at Rockingham circuit too!

It has been maintained and serviced at Austin garages, my local reputable garage and I did the regular servicing including fully synth oil every 6 months.

I must admit I have let the nuisance jobs go in the last year or so. The dodgy central locking, heater valve, random ABS issue. etc. Basically I wasn't using it much lately so didn't have the motivation to get those jobs fixed.

Then the accident. The insurance were going to write it off because book value is £2200 and the repair quote was £2400. In the end they gave me the £2400 cash and so I decided to sell. The MOT had just run out and it needed a couple of new tyres....a few quid for a MOT guys!!!!!

It went to £6900 because of some stupid prat on ebay who changed his mind early on but forgot he had put an automatic bid on (well that's my reading of it. I have put in a complaint about it)

However I could have sold it 3 times for over 5K.

Its a good car. Mechanically sound. I have given the buyer a good door that I had already bought. Just needs fitting and a respray.

A good mechanical will fix the other issues reasonable easily and cheaply and then you have a good car in my opinion.

Yes its not been hidden in a garage and just polished like some on here seem to think is how these cars should be treated. Its a 12 year old car for goodness sake!

So it is gone, not to be relisted.A nice chap who loved Rovers. Turned up in a 75 estate diesel and has a couple of other cars to. His mate is a car repair/paintman so he's halfway there. Hopefully it sould be tip top again for a few quid and in turn I have had a car that has been used and enjoyed for not a lot in depreciation over 9 years.

Anyway, I'm off to look in the ads for a BMW M5 estate (V10) I need a estate with real power!!!
Perhaps and this is just an observation from reading the threads, the condition value and price a car sells for is no ones business apart from the seller and buyer - Unless either of these two parties specifically ask the forum for advice
FREDPLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 17:14   #73
AndyG
Passed Away

MG ZTT400 SHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDPLY View Post
.............. price a car sells for is no ones business apart from the seller and buyer - Unless either of these two parties specifically ask the forum for advice
We sometimes know the selling price on the 260s.

In the "V8 cars For Sale" thread (75-ZT-E) we have the initial asking price only.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 17:53   #74
BigJohn
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Fiat Strada anyone , but the Rancho was a Simca 1100 in drag

Brian
Oddly enough I have a soft spot for the Fiat Strada (Ritmo) especially the Abarth version but they sadly rusted faster than my first car an MG Metro did. Also have a soft spot for the Marina/Ital especially the 1.8TC Coupe and Ital 2000HLS, I doubt any 2000cc Itals have survived, auto only if I remember rightly?
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 18:51   #75
FREDPLY
Avid contributor

club touring

Default V8 on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
We sometimes know the selling price on the 260s.

In the "V8 cars For Sale" thread (75-ZT-E) we have the initial asking price only.
Andy

And evidently they are not accurate - they are an opinion only buyers know the cars worth which in this case has been demonstrated

The point I was trying to make gently was Unless you are the sellers or buyer it is none of our business I am bored of reading threads where know it alls slate the vehicles and prices asked/sold for MODS ABOUT TIME THIS WAS SORTED
FREDPLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 19:19   #76
AndyG
Passed Away

MG ZTT400 SHM

Quote:
And evidently they are not accurate -
I have never done a survey as to the asking price to selling price. But a few I know of have sold for close to the asking price.

It is slowly rising, especially for the SCed cars. although very few For Sale....
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 19:45   #77
The Gas Man
Avid contributor

ZT CDTI & ZT V8

Quote:
Andy

And evidently they are not accurate - they are an opinion only buyers know the cars worth which in this case has been demonstrated

The point I was trying to make gently was Unless you are the sellers or buyer it is none of our business I am bored of reading threads where know it alls slate the vehicles and prices asked/sold for MODS ABOUT TIME THIS WAS SORTED
It's human nature to be interested, and to discuss the value of cars, along with property values etc (not on the forum of course), but we shouldn't talk vehicles down. The Great British disease 'to be negative', part of the reason BMCLEYLANDMGROVER is sadly gone! In my opinion.
The Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 17:52   #78
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Sold for £5300 in the end (Not £53000!)

There´s a lot of unscrupulous dealers & bidders out there who deliberately bid an unrealistic amount.
This is a way of seeing what the current highest bid is of the previous bidder has put in which makes a total mockery of eBay auction listings.

If it was a real life auction in a room and there was a few people bidding on the same item as you, no one would know what anyone´s highest limits were.
(ok dealers do get together in like a cartel sometimes to previously agree amongst themselves who´s going to win what.........that´s been going on since auctions began as they win stuff for less overall unless Jo Public outbids them all)

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote