Notices

Old 12th April 2017, 19:16   #21
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Richard for clarifying that. Whilst his points were valid and historically accurate, others might not have seen it the same way. You did the right thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Just caught up on this,

Yes it was me that deleted my post as I thought it would offend someone on here. Gatekeeper by all means you could have named me, but you wouldn't have shamed me as I stand 100% by my comment.

Not wanting to get the thread closed I thought it best to take it down.
Phil,just noticed your last sentence,I did not ask Ray to remove his post,he chose to do so himself
Old 13th April 2017, 04:56   #22
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
There are passages in it that call for a variety of resolutions to the perceived problems of the time. Don’t want to get into a comparison race about the many other scriptures available (to some even the public discussion of ‘sacred’ content is sacr-ilege) but suffice it to say they are all about as reliable as each other in terms of exhortations of fire and brimstone of one sort or another.

It must be remembered that followers of another tome (some 1500 years older) have rejected their earlier content and latterly have fixed on the ‘peace and love’ principle.

The perpetrators of all of these atrocities have precious little to do with religious adherence and are interested only in personal but questionable glory. The dichotomy mysteriously seems to pass them by in their futile quest for holy absolution. It’s not religion, that’s an impostor, it’s all about failure to come to terms with their innate social rejection.

The sooner they are treated with the scorn they deserve (rather than the hero-worship which excites their impressionable idiot mates) the fewer impressionable minds will follow.
On 30 January Ray, I suffered a respiratory arrest in an Islamic hospital and the Islamic doctors brought me back, the point being not all of those who follow Islam, take up the gun or kill non-believers.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 04:57   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Phil,just noticed your last sentence,I did not ask Ray to remove his post,he chose to do so himself
Indeed

Thank you Richard for clarifying your actions.
Old 13th April 2017, 05:01   #24
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Just caught up on this,

Yes it was me that deleted my post as I thought it would offend someone on here. Gatekeeper by all means you could have named me, but you wouldn't have shamed me as I stand 100% by my comment.

Not wanting to get the thread closed I thought it best to take it down.
Fair comment Groundhog, nice one
Old 13th April 2017, 16:07   #25
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
On 30 January Ray, I suffered a respiratory arrest in an Islamic hospital and the Islamic doctors brought me back, the point being not all of those who follow Islam, take up the gun or kill non-believers.
Hi Phil. Yes, good Samaritans come in all colours, shapes and sizes. Difficult to recognise them as well, they don’t make a song and dance about it – just carry on regardless.