Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > MG Rover Custom Car Parts (Rick-Sta's) Shop
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th May 2018, 15:21   #111
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Thanks mate Did the halo's arrive at the address you provided ok in the UK? Tracking shows up as signed for I take it as it is then sent from there to you ?
The pleasure is mine, Rick!
Right now the halos are on the way to me - in Slovakia
I hope that inside the box there are some fitting instructions and especially for gluing?

Last edited by hrissim; 8th May 2018 at 15:25..
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 18:44   #112
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrissim View Post
I hope that inside the box there are some fitting instructions and especially for gluing?
Stick them to the outside of the light... much easier for servicing...
Old 9th May 2018, 09:30   #113
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Smile

Quote:
You asked for the option that would last as long as possible. A new screen is the option that will outlast a deline.

The deline repairs are a bit of a gamble, generally if a screen has up to 10 lines it can be repaired to last a long time, however any more than that and then it's a bit of a hit or miss if the repair will last. I've even had badly lined ones where none of the lines would repair at all, I've also had in a couple cases screens with only about 8-12 lines which wouldn't repair.

Generally from doing them over the last year and 4 months I've found that the success rate is around 7 in 10, where some did see lines return after some time but the rest as far as I know have stayed clear so far.

So yes I have delined ones which looked similar to yours in the past, but that doesn't guarantee that I'd be able to deline yours successfully or if the deline would last on yours. It's impossible to tell just from a photo.

You've asked what the best option would be which would last the longest, well my recommendation is due to the number of lines on your screen is to go for a new screen as that's a much safer option for long term results rather than a deline, especially when you're sending an instrument cluster for repair from abroad, as it saves you sending it twice if the deline doesn't last.

My own screen was delined early last year and has lasted fine so far, but mine had less lines than yours.

I very rarely have any second hand screens in, at the moment I don't have any, hence why that hasn't been offered. The second hand screen I did have in stock had lines on it too, just far less lines so stood much stronger changes of delining well.
Thank you @Rick-sta for your time and your very kind & comprehensive answer. That's crystal clear now for me.

But apart the money side of the problem that is not at all the end of the world, I've still two concerns.

Extracting the cluster: not difficult for sure (one screw), but Haynes manual warned that the 2 big bottom clips may be broken if the job isn't carefully done. I've already done lots of DIY but never that one so far and I'm very cautious not to make any mess that would be severely damaging & distressing.

The period of the year: I would have been better advised if I had thought of the operation during winter, when the car may be at rest for a fortnight. Now when the weather is fine & the opportunities are many to go away, I would be rather worried to be deprived of my 75 during 10 days at least. Mind you that shipping period from UK to France and reverse is 3 workable days at the best (very seldom) and up to 6 or 7 when there's a delay for any reason (very common, I should say it's the general habit).
I mentioned that I've bought a cheap new cluster (without trip), but mainly in case of the loss of the genuine one. I'm optimistic: I prefer considering the worse not to be surprised in case of a - even rare - incident.

But do be sure that a new screen is on my to-do list and one of the top priorities.

Thank you once more.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2018, 12:41   #114
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrissim View Post
I'm sure I sent you the instructions in an attachment on a message on facebook if you didn't get them let me know and I'll send again

Quote:
Thank you @Rick-sta for your time and your very kind & comprehensive answer. That's crystal clear now for me.

But apart the money side of the problem that is not at all the end of the world, I've still two concerns.

Extracting the cluster: not difficult for sure (one screw), but Haynes manual warned that the 2 big bottom clips may be broken if the job isn't carefully done. I've already done lots of DIY but never that one so far and I'm very cautious not to make any mess that would be severely damaging & distressing.

The period of the year: I would have been better advised if I had thought of the operation during winter, when the car may be at rest for a fortnight. Now when the weather is fine & the opportunities are many to go away, I would be rather worried to be deprived of my 75 during 10 days at least. Mind you that shipping period from UK to France and reverse is 3 workable days at the best (very seldom) and up to 6 or 7 when there's a delay for any reason (very common, I should say it's the general habit).
I mentioned that I've bought a cheap new cluster (without trip), but mainly in case of the loss of the genuine one. I'm optimistic: I prefer considering the worse not to be surprised in case of a - even rare - incident.

But do be sure that a new screen is on my to-do list and one of the top priorities.

Thank you once more.
Extracting the cluster is easy, there's a plastic panel above the instrument cluster held in place with 2 screws, remove the screws and pop that panel out. Then remove the one screw in the top centre of the cluster which will then allow you to pull the cluster out (can be a bit tight on some cars but it does come out). The bottom clips wont break if you pull the cluster out straight without tilting it. I've had loads of these clusters out now and many others have removed their clusters themselves and send them to me and not a single cluster has had any clips break in the process.

If you need to use the car whilst the cluster is out, you can temporarily fit the replacement cluster you've purchased. It'll just show ERR on the trip computer due to a vin mismatch but it'll work and not cause any problems. Then once you've received your original cluster back with the new screen fitted you can refit the cluster back in your car and everything will be back to normal
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2018, 13:31   #115
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Smile

Quote:
Extracting the cluster is easy, there's a plastic panel above the instrument cluster held in place with 2 screws, remove the screws and pop that panel out. Then remove the one screw in the top centre of the cluster which will then allow you to pull the cluster out (can be a bit tight on some cars but it does come out). The bottom clips wont break if you pull the cluster out straight without tilting it. I've had loads of these clusters out now and many others have removed their clusters themselves and send them to me and not a single cluster has had any clips break in the process.

If you need to use the car whilst the cluster is out, you can temporarily fit the replacement cluster you've purchased. It'll just show ERR on the trip computer due to a vin mismatch but it'll work and not cause any problems. Then once you've received your original cluster back with the new screen fitted you can refit the cluster back in your car and everything will be back to normal

Go on then.
I'm now keen on that IPK screen swapping.

But when do you think you may dispose of those new screens?

I'll be very tight on the time, because I absolutely need my 75 on the 16th of June: she'll be the guest star of a wedding, conveying the bride herself!

I would like not to use the replacement cluster I've bought just in absolute necessity if the exchange including shipping time do not exceed 10 days approx, a fortnight to put the thing at its worst (including week-end eventually).

You may answer by pm if you want it, giving me yours payment details and all informations needed (when sending you the money, then when sending you my present cluster?).

Regards.

Arnaud
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Old 25th May 2018, 14:17   #116
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

I'm about to order another batch of IPK screens this evening as several others have ordered and paid for new ones. So could include one for you in that order today.

The IPK screens take around 2 weeks to arrive. So they won't be here until around the 8th-11th June. I'm away for the week 11th -17th June, so earliest fitting would be from 18th June on wards.

I use parcelforce euro priority and their delivery time is 2-5 working days.

I'd say would be best to send on Monday 18th June if you can.

PM on it's way regarding payment details.

Cheers
Old 25th May 2018, 15:28   #117
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Thumbs up

PM & payment sent.

Can't wait now but unfortunately I have to...
Old 25th May 2018, 15:50   #118
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
I'm sure I sent you the instructions in an attachment on a message on facebook if you didn't get them let me know and I'll send again
Fitted already
Thanks!
Old 8th June 2018, 08:47   #119
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Question

Hello Rick,

Before going on holidays - enjoy! -, could you send me a pm with your address in order I can send you my instrument cluster ASAP Monday 18th of June?

BTW remind me as soon as you get those new IPK.

Don't feel offended by my questions: I'm just trying to organize my agenda and I like to know the whys & wherefores of anything I'm doing. Maybe just a bit anxious...

Thank you.
Old 8th June 2018, 09:45   #120
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
Hello Rick,

Before going on holidays - enjoy! -, could you send me a pm with your address in order I can send you my instrument cluster ASAP Monday 18th of June?

BTW remind me as soon as you get those new IPK.

Don't feel offended by my questions: I'm just trying to organize my agenda and I like to know the whys & wherefores of anything I'm doing. Maybe just a bit anxious...

Thank you.
replied to your PM