Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th February 2015, 19:15   #21
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

yeah i reckon your right mr malcolm, these seals im sure are the cause plus obviously the broken injector
no ht leads on mine, just pencil coils though, when i put the pics up in a min you will see this glueish stuff (technical love it ), plugs have been changed numerous times, and coils all the obvious stuff, so as Sd1 suggested crankcase breathers which i can now confirm ARE blocked, the rocker covers are now in my shed awaiting cleaning and unblocking (Sunday)

Kev.......2005 MG ZT 190 Ignition Blue Lovin IT
Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Delirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 19:20   #22
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
... as Sd1 suggested crankcase breathers which i can now confirm ARE blocked, the rocker covers are now in my shed awaiting cleaning and unblocking (Sunday)
Good plan Kev. When it's all reassembled and you go for a test drive, don't forget to report back on any performance improvements will you?

Simon
Old 20th February 2015, 19:27   #23
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

yeah will do, im expecting quite a difference to be honest, it was pretty slow if im honest 1.8 ford focus slow lol, anyway im gonna do a bit of a write up on todays events and chuck some pics on again for you guys

Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Old 20th February 2015, 20:06   #24
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Continued..... 20th feb

Disconnected the front bank fuel rail from the rear by removing the 2 plates on the left hand side of the rail, they just pulled off, then undid the 2x10mm bolts securing the rail and lifted the fuel rail off the injectors, very little or no resistance which i thought was odd i also found evidence of a fuel leak from the rear bank link pipe which is fine as i have all new seals for the fuel rail

Then carefully pulled each of the fuel injectors out of the manifold, again little or no resistance which i'm pretty sure is wrong, they should be super tight in there

to find this !

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

the end was badly glued on and just fell apart in my hands
the others has had some sort of sealant over the seals, very varnish looking but were all really badly misshapen and looked like they had been in and out a few times, so again good job i had already got hold of a new seal kit

looking into the holes for the injectors, quite a bit of **** in them and engine oil in the first one

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

then i removed the 7 bolts that hold on the front bank manifold and removed it to then reveal this

DSCN0398.jpg

funnily enough not coming from the thermostat but actually coming from the coolant sensor
so ill clean that and seal it, however just to be sure i think im actually going to change the thermostat irrespective of condition while im there

ill post some more on sunday regarding the the rocker cover removal

Old 20th February 2015, 21:11   #25
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

That's a lot of glue there! No wonder you've had issues. You may aswell do the stat whilst you're in there as it'll more than likely need doing sooner or later anyway. It's just as certain as me growing older each day!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work on the rocker covers. With 180k on the clocks, I guess mine could do with a good clean!

Rik.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 21:28   #26
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

seriously if mine are anything to go buy then yes yours deffo need doing, ive only done 98000, mind you its not been looked after and looks to have been bodged everywhere, still ****** the previous owners, shes finally going to get evreything needed

Old 21st February 2015, 08:33   #27
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
... funnily enough not coming from the thermostat but actually coming from the coolant sensor ...
What you have there Kev is a classic case of a leaking 'O' ring at the base of the thermostat housing and/or at the joint with the straight pipe. It won't be the coolant sensor; my advice is to leave that alone.

Simon
Old 21st February 2015, 12:57   #28
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Good enough for me, ill order a new one to be safe

Old 22nd February 2015, 10:15   #29
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Question ! now the pipe work to my oil cooler has been bypassed, is it more likely that the steel pipework is rotten hence the disconnection or more likely the the oil cooler itself is shot ????
i was thinking about replacing the steel pipes which i know are common with some rubber ones so i can reconnect the cooler

Old 22nd February 2015, 18:22   #30
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Sunday.........

Ok Here We Go Again lol,
As the weather has been pretty British Today, I've spent some time in the shed
now i missed off a bit of the process the other day which as removing the rocker covers off the engine, there is a sequence for undo and tighten, so removed all the bolts and tapped the cover with a mallet and they came free

DSCN0403.jpg
DSCN0405.jpg
and now to the rear bank manifold which required stripping down
DSCN0406.jpg
DSCN0407.jpg
DSCN0408.jpg
i Noticed that the injectors were at different heights, the worst being the 3rd one, these also had the gunk round them same as the front bank, so i removed the injectors which again basically fell out