Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2014, 11:51   #1
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.
Default Sky customer service (lack of!)

Thought I would ring sky to see about upgrading my broadband to Fibre....

Well after a little search online, saw (via uSwitch) that they were doing a half price for 12 months, free wireless booster and a £25 M&S voucher. So clicked on the link and was taken to the sky page.
Added the bundle to my basket, only to find they going to charge full price as I am an existing customer.

Right, onto the phone and called them, after going through the usual name, address, password , inside leg measurement, etc., they then read me a statement about the speed etc (heard it all before!) then told me £20 a month, I stopped him (he didn't like that!) and explained about the deal on the uSwitch site to which he said that I would need to speak to uSwitch, I replied that it had taken me to the sky site.

After a few minutes of him not really taking any notice of me asking why I couldn't have the deal, he said as a current customer, no deals were available.

I asked to speak to a manager to which I would told a manager wouldn't do any deals. I just wanted to ask why, as a long standing sky TV/Phone/Broadband customer we don't get any deals, just have to pay full price!

In the end I just told him not to bother and said goodbye.

I've had the bundle for years, and just get the impression that it's the case of 'Pay the money or go elsewhere', anyone else had this.

I want to stay with sky for the telephone as I have the perfect phone package offering me unlimited daytime calls and also unlimited international calls too (as having family in far flung places of the world), and I can't seem to get another company supply broadband on a sky line.

Sorry for the rant

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:06   #2
Mischief

Rover 75

That's strange as I phoned them not long ago and got a deal as an existing customer? Maybe the agent you spoke to had no idea what he was talking about....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:13   #3
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
That's strange as I phoned them not long ago and got a deal as an existing customer? Maybe the agent you spoke to had no idea what he was talking about....
Actually have spoken to 3 different ones today (I thought that the 1st one might not have known deals).... the same, no deals for existing customers.

Doubt it will help, but sent a rather snotty email to sky complaints! Made me feel better

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.

Last edited by humphshumphs; 2nd January 2014 at 12:13.. Reason: speeling :)
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:18   #4
Mischief

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Actually have spoken to 3 different ones today (I thought that the 1st one might not have known deals).... the same, no deals for existing customers.

Doubt it will help, but sent a rather snotty email to sky complaints! Made me feel better
I switched as Virgin media had the worst customer service ever, when I canceled it they quoted the contract and I reminded them I never actually signed a contract and challenged them to show me said contract.

I had downgraded with sky as I had multi room but never used it, they set me up a new package with a 50% reduction for 6 months , the lady at sky was most helpful. I guess it's just one of those situations where a complaint email may work out for you in the end.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:37   #5
Andydote
Gets stuck in

ZT CDTI & 220 Turbo

I have recently moved to Sky from Talktalk.

Talktalk also do an unlimited international package, which is a bonus. But from my experience their customer service is even worse....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...23ce063f6c.jpg
Andydote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:42   #6
tareim

MG ZT+ 160 v6

go to the link below, it's 6 months half price for the unlimited, I recently switched from sky broadband to fibre and have the half price no problems being an existing customer(well apart from openreach being ****** useless)

it can be done all online, just add it to the basket and away you go

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/

just checked and their site shows 12 months for broadband not fibre
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:44   #7
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

I cancelled Sky with multi room in favour of Virgin Media due to pricing, forgetting I had modified the package 6 months earlier, had to honour my contract and pay for both for next 6 months. Sky upset me because they wouldn't accept cancellation had taken place when I changed and I was paying a penalty charge, insisting on another months notice which again I had to pay.

They then spent the next year sending me by post, email and phone calls 50% savings if I would go back to them, crazy therefore not to offer a deal to existing customers isn't it?

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:44   #8
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I have been with Sky for years,it is their biggest downfall ,looking after exsisting customers.

I rang last year and told them I wished to cancel my contract because I said I could not afford it as I was a pensioner,within seconds I was offered 6 months half price.

Try it you have nothing to lose

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:46   #9
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

When I phoned Sky as an existing customer about upgrading to fibre broadband from my unlimited broadband, I was also told it was for new customers only.......
But, the man on the end of the phone then went about seeing how he could help by offering a discount on my tv and telephone line rentals.
Once he had finished offering reductions my total cost for phone/tv/fibre broadband had only increased by £3.00 per month for 12 months.
Not to be sniffed at
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:46   #10
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareim View Post
go to the link below, it's 6 months half price for the unlimited, I recently switched from sky broadband to fibre and have the half price no problems being an existing customer(well apart from openreach being ****** useless)

it can be done all online, just add it to the basket and away you go

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/

just checked and their site shows 12 months for broadband not fibre
Thanks for the link.... but as an existing customer, I get charged £20 a month (not the £10 shown) and a £50 activation fee to top it off.

Might be time for another phone call and see if someone else knows the deals lol