Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th May 2019, 12:15   #1
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Default Front Fogs Wiring

Is it possible to use the front fogs wiring for other lighting purposes e.g. number plate lights?

I retrofitted fog lights a few years back for a short time (using an OEM kit), but then removed them, as being a 1.8T auto, I need the fog lamp space free for air flow to the gearbox oil cooler in front of the driver's side wheel arch.

I still have the loom and plugs in place, so was wondering if it'd be possible to put in two number plate down lamps instead (for modding purposes)?

I know that the fog lamp plugs would need to be cut off the loom and replaced with spade connectors for the number plate lights, but would the fog lamp circuit be ok for powering C5W bulbs (or would it be too powerful)?

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 12:21   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You could use the wiring with no problems, you would have to swap to a lower amperage fuse to be on the safe side.
Old 25th May 2019, 18:48   #3
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
You could use the wiring with no problems, you would have to swap to a lower amperage fuse to be on the safe side.

Thanks for that, Andy I'm keen to use the wiring for something, seeing as I can't fit OEM fog lamps

Car is currently sorn'd with bumpers, wings, trims, arch liners etc. off, awaiting a bit of a DIY refurb and rust prevention treatment (have already had the sides of the car resprayed).

I wouldn't be that mechanically astute, but I don't mind lifting spanners etc. and footering around. I know that changing front track control arms is meant to be a PITA, but is changing the entire front and rear suspension assemblies (including subframes and arms etc.) possible for the DIYer (who's not in any rush)?

I do have a pit, if that helps?

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote