Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st March 2014, 15:25   #1
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

Default exterior paint spots

I noticed last week my car covered in small white paint spots. Didn't really have a clue where it came from until today when someone pointed out a house near where i park my car during the day has been re-rendered and painted so i assume its' overspray from that.

Any idea whats best to remove it?
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 15:30   #2
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Claying will remove it probably the best without removing to much paint. After claying it, you'll need a follow-up product to remove the marring it made. This can be done with a finishing polish or a pre-wax with either chemical cleaners or abbrasives.

An example of products would be: Chemical Guys Vertuabond, Dodo Juice Lime Prime and/or Poorboys Professional Polish.

Clay comes in a few grades, and with overspray you might need something a bit rougher, such as 'heavy' clay. (+ a good clay lube, for example: Dodo Juice Born Slippy).

I can't advise trying to polish it off, because chances are that you rub around the paint-blobs causing streaks and marks. The oils in the polish can even soften it up, creating big, round paint-streaks.
Old 31st March 2014, 15:46   #3
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs View Post
I noticed last week my car covered in small white paint spots. Didn't really have a clue where it came from until today when someone pointed out a house near where i park my car during the day has been re-rendered and painted so i assume its' overspray from that.

Any idea whats best to remove it?
Why don't you have it redone by a pro detailer and give the re-rendered house owner the bill?
Old 1st April 2014, 08:18   #4
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

The house owner (or at least the person living there) doesn't speak a word of english so I would end up spending more time and hassle trying to go that route. I just don't need the agro. The car needs a good clean anyway so thought there might be some easy method that people could suggest.
Old 1st April 2014, 10:50   #5
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Autosmart Tardis

take a look at post 16

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...=210344&page=2
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 13:33   #6
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

You can get overspray off with something as simple with t cut, works wonders although clay will be good on the little drops as well
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:16   #7
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

So I managed to get the paint spots off with some tar and glue remover, wiped it over left to soak then rubbed it off. I then clean it off with some household cleaner.
I then used some meguiars ultimate compound which to be honest didn't seem to do a lot as I could still see small speckles when I was rubbing it off. Went over this with super resin polish then meguairs quick detailer.
I don't think the finish came out that great, so I assume I'm doing something wrong or omitting something I should be doing (claying first?) I had to stop half way through due to a down pour but the water wasn't really beading like I was expecting it would on the parts I had done and now there's dirty rain drop marks on there too