Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th February 2014, 08:20   #21
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapperGB View Post
The card is nowhere near powerful enough to give pleasing results gaming - the resolutions required across 22 inch monitors would cripple it.
Also unless your card has a displayport out then you wont be able to enable Eyefinity-based display configurations

don't get me wrong you 'may' get away with something such as WoW but only on low quality and a lower resolution. on 17 inch monitors you will be running an eyefinity resolution of 3840x1024 which is about the maximum the card will manage.
5940x1080 on 22 inch monitors will murder it.
Living room tv is 46" and games looked even better, so how would a 22" murder the card? The card has a display port as previously said 1 display port, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI. Why give a graphics card HD capabilities if it's not going to be able to handle it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 11:36   #22
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Living room tv is 46" and games looked even better, so how would a 22" murder the card? The card has a display port as previously said 1 display port, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI. Why give a graphics card HD capabilities if it's not going to be able to handle it?

I never said a 22 inch monitor would murder the card - I said 3 of them would.

The resolution on your 46 inch TV is at max 1920x1080 whereas using the card to display in eyefinity (x3) requires three times the width so 5760x1080.

your card really will struggle with the graphic intensive games of late. Yes it will work fine with windows and older games but the card you have is 4 years old now.
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 11:43   #23
Mischief

Rover 75

Looking at smaller monitors to try but smallest with hdmi and HD capabilities are 21.5" outdated maybe but worth it for free.

Plugged in the 2 22" monitors I have and it ran on those 2 fine I have a third upstairs waiting for another adapter to be delivered to try all three.

Will the lower res run on 3 of them? It seems that the tv size won't matter it's the resolution that's key here, worth a test I think. If I burn out the card no matter I can revert to the original till I can afford to actually buy a replacement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Old 19th February 2014, 23:01   #24
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Looking at smaller monitors to try but smallest with hdmi and HD capabilities are 21.5" outdated maybe but worth it for free.

Plugged in the 2 22" monitors I have and it ran on those 2 fine I have a third upstairs waiting for another adapter to be delivered to try all three.

Will the lower res run on 3 of them? It seems that the tv size won't matter it's the resolution that's key here, worth a test I think. If I burn out the card no matter I can revert to the original till I can afford to actually buy a replacement.

Mate, don't worry about burning the card, by 'murder' destroy' 'kill' I don't mean literally. what I mean is that the card will struggle to play a modern (last 3 to 4 years) game with reasonable frame rates and even then you would have to reduce the resolution and graphics detail down (a lot).

Best you can do is to give it a go, what type of games do you currently play?
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 07:39   #25
Mischief

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapperGB View Post
Mate, don't worry about burning the card, by 'murder' destroy' 'kill' I don't mean literally. what I mean is that the card will struggle to play a modern (last 3 to 4 years) game with reasonable frame rates and even then you would have to reduce the resolution and graphics detail down (a lot).

Best you can do is to give it a go, what type of games do you currently play?
Just COD I generally don't play any sort of console had one it remained untouched for about 6 years so gave it my son. I have a program called widescreen fixer that makes older games eyefinity compatible. Also the wife loves the sims but that does not require a massive wide screen

I can but try

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 21st February 2014, 10:54   #26
Mischief

Rover 75

Update:

my DVI to HDMI cable turned up today and works perfect no blurry or fuzzy text at all still running 1080p too

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]