Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th September 2013, 10:56   #21
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
Seems to be the issue, doesn't help that the sunroof drains block real easy water the runs down the A pillar to the end of the dash, which just happens to be where the fuse/relay box lives..This one has one window u/s (common) no wipers (blows fuses as soon as you put them in) & foglights that won't switch off. All sound fusebox/relay related to me..

It was badly listed on ebay really, Pan roof, factory Nav, 1/2 Leather, paperwork & service history including a service no more than a month ago..

Got to be worth a play, if it's not cheap to fix we'll scrap it and get most of our cash back came from a lady owner as her kid run car, no mechanical knowledge so too much cash for her to fix..
Good luck with your Laguna.
SWMBO likes French cars and she had the earlier one, a 1.8 Sport from about 60,000 to 270,000 miles.

The car was astonishing. Apart from normal service items, in the time that we had it, it only had to have a tailgate gas strut, heater control rheostat and a exhaust back box!
Utterly reliable, comfortable and drove well.
Never known a car like it, to be honest.

Now she has a Peugeot 307cc. Now that is a different kettle of fish........
That reminds me, I need to phone the garage, lol

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 11:24   #22
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonite View Post
I am on there too since we got our Mk5 J last year.
As am I, I joined earlier this year
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 11:45   #23
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
Good luck with your Laguna.
SWMBO likes French cars and she had the earlier one, a 1.8 Sport from about 60,000 to 270,000 miles.

The car was astonishing. Apart from normal service items, in the time that we had it, it only had to have a tailgate gas strut, heater control rheostat and a exhaust back box!
Utterly reliable, comfortable and drove well.
Never known a car like it, to be honest.

Now she has a Peugeot 307cc. Now that is a different kettle of fish........
That reminds me, I need to phone the garage, lol
The Mk1 Laguna, diesel apart, was actualy not a bad car once initial problems were sorted, a local taxi driver had 2 of them and took them both up to 300000 plus.

But the MkII? More like the MK!! Interestingly it shared the same achitecture as the last Nissan Primera. Something else to avoid then... The head of Renault recently said that people had "fallen out of love with Renault." Hmm, I wonder why? But there are upsides. The MKIII version is hugely improved in reliability, yet you cant give them away because nobody trusts them. 3 Years back a collegue went shopping for a second hand car and was offered by a dealer a brand new Laguna off the showroom floor for ...£10,000! More than 50% off! He has had 3 years plus faultless motoring and cant believe his good fortune.

Older French cars could be funny. Flimsy build, yet an inherant toughness that could see them reach huge mileages. I once went to look at an 309 1.4 with a friend who was looking for a car. It turned out to have done 197000 miles and my friend ran a mile, yet its purred like a kitten and the bodywork was immmaculate.

Last edited by lovema75; 18th September 2013 at 11:52..
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 16:53   #24
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

Why would you want to set up a forum for Fords, VWs, BMWs etc when if it goes wrong you could take it to the dealer to fix? And if you did try to DIY it from advice on a forum and got into a mess the dealer would be *&^%ping all over you, so there's not as much incentive to try to fix other cars yourself. On the other hand with MG Rover there are presumably no original dealers left unless they've branched out into other cars, and much more need to support one another to fix the cars. The 75 has exceeded my expectations, I was worried it would be a hard car to look after but it's been easier and cheaper to maintain than any other I've ever owned thanks to this forum. The one caveat I think is you want to aim to live not too far from someone who respects these cars in the event of needing a garage - personally I'm not sure I'd risk owning one if I lived in the outer Hebrides, though the number of happy overseas owners in Russia, New Zealand and elsewhere must be a testament to the reliability and relative ease of fixing them without a dealer network.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 17:08   #25
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
there can't be much moaning on the jag forum because nobody posts or replies for days, that's why as an ex mg zt owner i still come on here everyday. definitely the best and friendliest forum going.
Yes i'm with you on the 'no one posts replies for days' on the jag forum!
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote