Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th August 2013, 18:04   #71
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Dirty clay still works Fred, you just need to fire it a bit longer. Too much dirt can make it brittle though.....
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 18:05   #72
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organiser View Post
Carla,

Is there something in the water in Coventry. Firstly Paul d is going to sell after all his problems, but has now relented and now you are giving up over a bit of poor paintwork!!

A day in a good bodyshop will have all those scratches and scuffs sorted but as you know the paint is not cheap so start saving and we will all sit in the corner with you till you get it done!

See you soon.

Tom.
Tom

i think it's more to do with the drains mate.!!

Unfortunatly it is all a case of money As you say paint isn't cheap & neither are a lot of the bits.

I did relent on mine after some of the comment i got All i wanted was a car that i could use everyday & the things that kept going wrong stopped me from doing that So replace it all with new then it works as it's doing now Scratches don't stop you going to the shops, visit friends, having a life etc. My mechanical stuff did.

Beware the Coventry Drains LOL

Regards

Paul
Old 8th August 2013, 18:06   #73
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
And two members are asking for a biff on the nose as well... lol....
I'm safe as houses ...... seeing as you can't remember what I look like.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 18:25   #74
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

The car should be clean if you are going to clay it, but you need not strip it back. However if you are going to wash it forst anyway it you might as well wash it with an APC, which will remove most waxes. It still wont touch ceramics though.
Old 10th August 2013, 22:13   #75
hotrodinstraycat
Loves to post

2003 X-Powewr Grey MG ZT190

Just drive it over to mine park it on the drive. Walk away I won't tell a soul where I got her from lol. I'd give her a loving home for you. Lol.
I feel.your frustration. Mine too has picked up a few marks. It is difficult to live with if your a perfectionist...unless you can lock her away from the world it's going to happen. And if you do lock her away...you'll miss driving her! Some things in life just aren't fair.
hotrodinstraycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 17:52   #76
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

With all these 'hers' here Woof is feeling a little overwhelmed !! he says he respects all the ladies on the forum and at the meets as most are nice to him.

seriously though the cars are aging and given the condition of our roads chips and dents are enevitable carla sone you can touch in and rub down but others you live with short of a respray.

If the engine is sweet and reliable thats a win trust me !! I have friends who wish they had cars that run properly without needing cash injections
A good guarantee can ease the pain of a lot of mechanicals in my experience and the AA Breakdown Repair Cover I took out has already covered its cost and provided me with a car from enterprise for 3 days gratis while mine was being repaired and you can claim up to 5 times in any one year worth thinking about to cut down on expenses

Mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 19:38   #77
fredwrussell
Avid contributor

wedgy connie se cdt tilly xpower 200, Moonstone green cdt connie

ill tell ya what if your at the national meet you can park next to me goldielocks will make it look good! mine is old and battlescarred but hey shes my girl and i love her! Just be proud of your girl!
fredwrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 19:44   #78
Kyletrek
Gets stuck in

MG ZT saloon

Mines done probably 3000 miles since its last wash let alone a polish was bought cheap is covered in really deep scratches on both front and rear bumpers so much so you can see past primer and paint into plastic rear wheel arch has had a scrape at some point and the bonnet and side has been keyed. But I still love it to bits it's a fantastic car and I love getting in and just driving it just enjoy it mate and throw it through some corners to put a smile on your face mine does every time I throw it through a little country road near me
Kyletrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 21:53   #79
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
The car should be clean if you are going to clay it, but you need not strip it back. However if you are going to wash it forst anyway it you might as well wash it with an APC, which will remove most waxes. It still wont touch ceramics though.

ive skipped a few pages so cannot be sure if this has been covered.

As above really get the car REALLY REALLY clean, preparation is 90% of the detailing battle.

You were asked what polish you used and you replied with Meguires detailing clay (words to that effect). Clay isn't a polish, and claying falls under the cleaning process of detailing.

The results you have are very good indeed but im sure it could be improved a fair bit more.

I would recommend Stripping back again (not that you have much to strip if your final stage was clay) by washing with APC.

then - my tuppence worth towards improving......

- get on ebay and get yourself 500ml of autosmart Tardis. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosmart-...item3f1cb03398)

Once you have washed with APC, use the Tardis neat and work it into the scuff marks pay particular attention to the dark/dirty scuffs, Tardis will do a fantastic job of getting into the scuff and removing any impurities and will even remove paint transferred from other vehicles.

Once you have finished give the car a second wash to remove residue. then clay as you did before.

After claying (some wash again but I don't think you would want to and the improvement of a third wash is minimal) polish with a polish of your choice then a final stage.

Your choice of polish and top coat is really down to you personal preference I like poorboys black hole and the warmth of a wax rather than a sealant. and as a great bang for buck the link below is great value, im not sureo n how the nattys wax would look on typhoon but it works wonderful on Vauxhall arden blue.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poorboys-B...item1c33a35889
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 07:08   #80
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Can we have some feedback Carla Lou on how you feel about the car? Thanks
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote