Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th July 2013, 18:27   #1
puggy
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Angry black iveco Idiot van driver

I have been up in Scotland for the past week and had a couple of lovely days in Durham. anyway coming down the M11 just before the slip for Stanstead airport, I was cruising at 75 in the 3rd lane overtaking a line of trucks and cars when this clown in a Black Iveco pick up truck appeared from nowhere about 2 ft from my back bumper quickly I accelerated away thinking that was the end of him how wrong was I, he tried to undertake at 90mph but a lad in a white van seen what he was doing and quickly stopped him by closing the gap between me and him I have never felt so threatened whilst driving I am an Ex Long distance truck driver for almost 15 years and no I wasn't prepared to call the cops but my wife took a photo of him as he passed and he was not happy at that so he dropped behind and took pics of me. one driver has spoiled an other wise good trip.

sorry guys rant over.
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 18:40   #2
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

That's terrible. Unfortunately some people get behind the wheel and turn into insane and aggressive monsters. Not realising the fear they give out or the damage that they can cause if they have an accident.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 19:18   #3
myrover2013
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE in copper leaf red

get the pictures up on Facebook and spread the guys face all over the place, also carry a shotgun in the car so you can blow his tyres off the next time
myrover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 19:57   #4
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

this

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=152925
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 20:20   #5
puggy
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Now that has set me thinking maybe I should look into this fitting a camera facing front and rear whilst driving then I should be able to get cheaper insurance but then on second thought's I do tend to be like a boy racer now and again it might just incriminate me
Old 17th July 2013, 23:05   #6
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Puggy

Sorry you had that happen We Do have the DVR Cameras Available
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 23:17   #7
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

I've thought about these cameras but won't just buy over internet as you never know what you get. I will only buy from a recomended sourse.
I fancy one that can be moved from one vehicle to another as I have 4. I would want one that works properly with decent images etc.
How do these things work & convince me why an item you may sell is ticks my boxes.

I know of the Double Din units you sell but as I have not had a ZT/75 for a while now not bought anything from you guys!
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 05:10   #8
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

If his closing speed was only 15mph more than yours (75-90mph), then he hardly "came from nowhere", he must have been closing for some distance?
Also,if he then decided there was a chance of undertaking at 90mph,even if he was an idiot,that suggests that maybe there was enough room for you to just pull into lane 2 and let him get on his way? You lose exactly zero seconds on your journey, he gets his little victory and you don't feel shaken up. If it helps,just give him a rude sign underneath your glass line as he goes past!
The bloke in the white van, has deliberately closed a gap adding to an already dangerous situation,and making him no better than the Iveco driver.
Please don't take this as criticism of you driving, more an observation of your post.
Old 18th July 2013, 07:48   #9
puggy
Avid contributor

MG ZT

its no criticism but as a commercial truck driver he was bang out of order.
To clarify I hadn't overtook him and a blue merc convertible was behind me maybe 500 yds so he must have been undertaking other vehicles to get between and it and me the only place he could have come from is lane 1 definitely too close for my liking
Old 18th July 2013, 08:15   #10
tigers1941
Loves to post

Rover75 Saloon

I can understand how angry you were, I also had my moment of frustration at a van driver a couple of weeks ago, it takes only a few bad ones to give van drivers a reputation which is wrong.
I was travelling along in a convoy behind 6 cars as it was a 20 mph speed limit because of stone chips when the van behind me decided to overtake showering my car with stone chips, they clattered against my windscreen leaving fresh chips on it, also I have new chip marks on my bonnet.
To say I was very angry was a mild way of saying it, I would have gone to prison for my thoughts of that van driver, all for the sake of a few minutes.
I reckon it is done with intent as they seem to think old codgers like myself in our beloved 75s like driving at 20mph to slow them down, anyway what is stone chips on his company van they don't care.
tigers1941 is offline   Reply With Quote