Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2013, 18:35   #11
DavidNW
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club 1.8, 2001, royal blue, owned by im up norf.

Default Even more problems now!

Hello,

Thanks very much for your note. I have done all you say, so no great improvement, even using a non cordless touch tone phone.

I have (only yesterday) additionally noticed that when I use the phone, the Internet connection is lost. My first thought was that the microfilter might be at fault. I had a new spare one, so connected everything up and the Internet connection dropped. Did the aforementioned from the test socket, and the same result. Not sure what to try now, as running out of ideas.
DavidNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:36   #12
DavidNW
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club 1.8, 2001, royal blue, owned by im up norf.

Default Lower Faceplate

Here's a picture of the Lower Faceplate for more information. Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0040[1].jpg (114.1 KB, 10 views)
DavidNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 03:53   #13
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNW View Post
Hello,

Thanks very much for your note. I have done all you say, so no great improvement, even using a non cordless touch tone phone.

I have (only yesterday) additionally noticed that when I use the phone, the Internet connection is lost. My first thought was that the microfilter might be at fault. I had a new spare one, so connected everything up and the Internet connection dropped. Did the aforementioned from the test socket, and the same result. Not sure what to try now, as running out of ideas.
OK, are you noticing this disconnection with your WIRELESS connection when using a cordless phone? if so then its likely that your wireless is dropping out due to interference from the phone - you can change the broadcast channel on the router to resolve this (try channel 11).

if wired, The noise on the line will, if bad enough, cause the connection to drop, im still feeling this is a filter issue, yet I have seen you have tried a replacement.

Its possible that there could be an issue with your twisted pair (wires) at the exchange, your provider can get this resolved by performing whats called a lift and shift but lets try to rule out everything your end first.

who is your ISP?
what brand is your router?

it would be very helpful to see your connection stats. (attenuation, SNR etc.) if you provide your router make/model I can explain how to provide these.
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 15:21   #14
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

I had this problem a couple of years ago with my BT line hissing and crackling eventually losing the dialing tone. Using the BT website test facility showed no faults and the replacement of the phone didn't work. The site 'threatened' an expensive callout fee if they sent out an engineer and the fault was 'your ' fault and not theirs! but after a month of no line and poor internet access i sent for them. Once here he plugged in a device to my phone socket said hmm! then raced to a big green box 1/4 mile away from our estate ,where he found loose wires in the box. Job done at no cost
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote