Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2024, 12:09   #1
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdt connoisseur se saloon

Default Battery life

heyup, looking for advice (as usual lol). How long should a fully charged battery last with the car stood and locked. The battery is a Varta with 74 Ah. I will be going on my hols and leaving the car for two weeks at an airport car park and my fear is when I return the battery will be too flat to start the car. The checks I've done seem to point to a good battery, it's only two years old. Cheers, Dave
freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 12:22   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Get yourself a powerpack and leave it in the car. Then if it is flat at least you can jump start it 😎

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 13:50   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
heyup, looking for advice (as usual lol). How long should a fully charged battery last with the car stood and locked. The battery is a Varta with 74 Ah. I will be going on my hols and leaving the car for two weeks at an airport car park and my fear is when I return the battery will be too flat to start the car. The checks I've done seem to point to a good battery, it's only two years old. Cheers, Dave
Would only take a second to undo the battery post clamps and disconnect . Provided that its charged and in good order !!
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 14:04   #4
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

I doubt that you would be keen to leave the car without alarm protection if disconnected. If the alarm was activated whilst the battery was connected then it will of course keep going until you return !! Either sort out your battery drain or do as suggested,buy a jump start pack. I have read about the sat nav unit in the boot draining on some models causing grief if not allowed to shut down properly , but never having this system on my car , i dont know a great deal about it ...
Old 11th March 2024, 18:00   #5
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
Would only take a second to undo the battery post clamps and disconnect . Provided that its charged and in good order !!
Yeah, I'd thought about that option. Cheers, Dave
Old 11th March 2024, 18:05   #6
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
I doubt that you would be keen to leave the car without alarm protection if disconnected. If the alarm was activated whilst the battery was connected then it will of course keep going until you return !! Either sort out your battery drain or do as suggested,buy a jump start pack. I have read about the sat nav unit in the boot draining on some models causing grief if not allowed to shut down properly , but never having this system on my car , i dont know a great deal about it ...
You're right about leaving the car without the alarm and I don't have the satnav in the boot either so I'll be pulling a few fuses, It'll pass a hour or two on. Cheers, Dave
Old 11th March 2024, 19:12   #7
Ed3
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi saloon

I'm curious as to whether car thieves would bother with a Rover 75 now it is older. Obviously at some locations anything not bolted down soon goes.

But without saying exact details on an open forum I tend to go about things with my 75 "saloon" (more secure boot) on the basis that no one is interested in the car because other more common cars (the car or parts) are of more use to a thief?
Ed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 20:01   #8
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed3 View Post
I'm curious as to whether car thieves would bother with a Rover 75 now it is older. Obviously at some locations anything not bolted down soon goes.

But without saying exact details on an open forum I tend to go about things with my 75 "saloon" (more secure boot) on the basis that no one is interested in the car because other more common cars (the car or parts) are of more use to a thief?
Some would nick it to get enough for their next fix from a scrappers. Cheers, Dave
Old 11th March 2024, 20:40   #9
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Its the damage that people do that is also is a problem. Lets suppose the alarm did go off early, and it was on constant for days , then it would not suprise me ,if they forced entry to shut it down. Im afraid its a no win situation sometimes ,depending on luck sadly. Think i would get the bus !!
Old 12th March 2024, 03:49   #10
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

If you have no unusual battery drain the battery should easily hold enough charge for 2 weeks. For peace of mind borrow a battery from someone, and some jump leads if you do not want to change the battery, as it could be pis err raining. A decent battery will easily standalone jump a 75.