Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd February 2013, 18:23   #11
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Yes good work ian but as Bill says does sound a tad expensive I have looked into for my 16" 10 spoke wheels and was £50 per wheel for full stripping and damage filling and repraying plus a set of wheels to tide you over while the are being done so 4 wheels inc VAT £240 which seems fair to me I also have a quote of £200 plus £100 for alloygators to perserve new rims for for £360 anyone in north london considering getting them done feel free to contacy me for details

Mike
Mike
Thanks for your offer but maybe you should put this on the General forum or the London region page as it's not much use to us here in Dorset mate..
Cheers Ian
Old 23rd February 2013, 18:30   #12
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Hi Again
I visited them today purely to get a quote for my wheels and after telling the guy about the club he offered the deal which I have passed on to try to help local members..
Maybe I should'nt have bothered because as usual everyone else has had a better deal elsewhere...
In my opinion having seen what they do I think that their prices stand up well against the £40ish per wheel quotes for just repainting, the wheels are stripped back to bare alloy before being powder coated and finished to customer requirements. I'm certainly not putting pressure on anyone to use them, all I have done is put an offer in place I get nothing out of it at all..It's your money guys you spend it where you like makes no difference to me.
Cheers Ian
I agree Ian, and I didn't mean to detract from your post, I'm sure they do a much more intensive refurbishment!
Old 23rd February 2013, 19:03   #13
Ray squires
Posted a thing or two

MGZT 180 sport, MG6 1.8 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Yes good work ian but as Bill says does sound a tad expensive I have looked into for my 16" 10 spoke wheels and was £50 per wheel for full stripping and damage filling and repraying plus a set of wheels to tide you over while the are being done so 4 wheels inc VAT £240 which seems fair to me I also have a quote of £200 plus £100 for alloygators to perserve new rims for for £360 anyone in north london considering getting them done feel free to contacy me for details

Mike

£100 for Alloygators is steep.You can buy the diy kit for £50 and it only takes around an hour to do it.
Ray squires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 19:38   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi Ian, I think you did a good job in going out of your way in trying to find a REPUTABLE firm, who were willing to offer a 15% discount to the club members.

I have seen a few cowboy operations who claim to be able to undercut the best prices blah blah! They will gladly take your money. Here today and gone tomorrow. There is an old saying which comes to mind. Did you say it? I can't remember just now lol

'you pays your money and you take your choice'.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 20:33   #15
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default You Pays Your Money

Same with everything.
I'd go along to check out their processes if I was a bit nearer, Ian.
Good opportunity you've created for the local membership, IMO.
I'd be happy to pay £100 a wheel for getting the finish I wanted, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
The down side for me is that it I can't keep anything in pristine condition - it's just not my destiny to have perfection in my life for more than a fleeting instant - so if you're like me, it's not just the cost of having it done once.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 20:46   #16
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Like many things, you get what you pay for.
I suppose the "acid test" is to see what they look like 5 years down the line

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:14   #17
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
Same with everything.
I'd go along to check out their processes if I was a bit nearer, Ian.
Good opportunity you've created for the local membership, IMO.
I'd be happy to pay £100 a wheel for getting the finish I wanted, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
The down side for me is that it I can't keep anything in pristine condition - it's just not my destiny to have perfection in my life for more than a fleeting instant - so if you're like me, it's not just the cost of having it done once.
I've seen the process Robert and the guy running the Bournemouth branch has offered to host a meet on a Sunday (when they are normaly closed) so that anyone can see what they do and how they do it.
And they offer a 1 year warranty on application faults though obviously not if you keep driving into the kerb...
Cheers Ian
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:37   #18
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I would like to take the offer up Ian. If I contact him, do you think he would Blue Thunders on the Saturday I come down to you. Then a bit later when I bring Banana down.
See you next week.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:46   #19
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I would like to take the offer up Ian. If I contact him, do you think he would Blue Thunders on the Saturday I come down to you. Then a bit later when I bring Banana down.
See you next week.
Hi Bob
I will call you tomorrow and have a chat about it,what time would be good for you?
Cheers Ian
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:53   #20
438brad
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T 260 SE (#491)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray squires View Post
£100 for Alloygators is steep.You can buy the diy kit for £50 and it only takes around an hour to do it.
Cheapest price you should be able to get AlloyGators supply only is £65. Any cheaper and it is only a matter of time until they will not be re-supplied as that is AlloyGators own price which you must not undercut. Yes, they take an hour to fit but probably double that on your first go in most cases and that's if you get it right! I speak from experience as I am an authorised mobile fitter and supplier of AlloyGators.

Holden HSV GTS 5.7 V8. Turboed and Nos
'98 Honda Fireblade
Mercedes Vito

Never mind the power, feel the torque!
438brad is offline   Reply With Quote