Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th April 2012, 13:51   #11
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Mike, I took my van for a test tow today (first time behind the ZT and WOW! ). I checked my alko hitch stabilizer and can deffo confirm it has both types of fittings so it will fit your van.

If your gonna fit one yourself, read the instructions fully, as there are two shims that need to be used to drive out your old hitch bolts to keep the hitch damper in place. The shims hold the damper in place so the hitch can be removed, then put the new stabilized hitch on and drive the shims through with the new supplied bolts

Also bare in mind that if you do fit an alko hitch you'll need an alko tow ball fitted to the car as well (the neck is longer than normal ones)
Old 17th April 2012, 19:35   #12
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

Problem now solved [for what ever it was] The whole tow hitch etc is German. ABLE stands for- "A. Berndes Luebbecke" The tow hitch is OK but was in a bit of a quandery as to which Hitch lock to get as well as if I wanted to change it would an ALCO one fit. The real problem I have discovered is that the brake damper realy wants changing. The reason being is that on sharp braking I get a good jolt up the back end. Found out these dampers are quite expensive. Will explore this problem later.
Thanks for the advice to all.
Regards
92 squadron is offline   Reply With Quote