Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2020, 18:16   #1
Shirty59
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Default Rear parking sensors

My rear parking sensors gives continues beep for 4 seconds then stops I checked wiring brown wire had rubbed through going to sensors I fixed it and checked rest of wiring ok but still the same does fault need to be cleared on.ECU
Shirty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2020, 18:22   #2
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty59 View Post
My rear parking sensors gives continues beep for 4 seconds then stops I checked wiring brown wire had rubbed through going to sensors I fixed it and checked rest of wiring ok but still the same does fault need to be cleared on.ECU
nope you need just switch on ignition put in to reverse and check by finger every sensor you should fill slightly tingels (sorry),or just put your ear very very close to sensor and you will be heard clicking nose . where no noise that sensor dead .Good luck.
Old 10th February 2020, 13:46   #3
Shirty59
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Default rear parking sensors

Help Please if one sensor is not working would that stop other 3 from working is it unlikely all 4 to stop working at same time after checking wiring I found the brown wire had rubbed through going to sensors on metal support bracket I repaired this but still did not work I tried another ecu still didn't work had all sensors out and cleaned them and checked wiring and connections all good
it is difficult to determine if there is any noise or tingles coming from sensors I cant hear or feel anything to suggest they are working Would the fact I tow a car trailer sometimes reversing a lot which made sensors work a lot cause any harm to sensors Does Any body Have Any Sensors For SALE Car is silver
Old 10th February 2020, 14:04   #4
Shirty59
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Default parking sensors

[QUOTE=Shirty59;2792257]Help Please if one sensor is not working would that stop other 3 from working is it unlikely all 4 to stop working at same time after checking wiring I found the brown wire had rubbed through going to sensors on metal support bracket I repaired this but still did not work I tried another ecu still didn't work had all sensors out and cleaned them and checked wiring and connections all good
it is difficult to determine if there is any noise or tingles coming from sensors I cant hear or feel anything to suggest they are working Would the fact I tow a car trailer sometimes reversing a lot which made sensors work a lot cause any harm to sensors Does Any body Have Any Sensors For SALE Car is silver
Old 10th February 2020, 14:30   #5
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Allan
Try and get your car on a T4 which would be able to pinpoint the problem for you, such as these below.

The T4 is pointing to rear right centre sensor is at fault.

PS drop Mickyboy a PM he maybe able to sort you out with some good used sensors, for a minimal outlay.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 19:08   #6
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

[QUOTE=Shirty59;2792260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty59 View Post
Help Please if one sensor is not working would that stop other 3 from working is it unlikely all 4 to stop working at same time after checking wiring I found the brown wire had rubbed through going to sensors on metal support bracket I repaired this but still did not work I tried another ecu still didn't work had all sensors out and cleaned them and checked wiring and connections all good
Ok if one sensor out then all stop working in my one was gone outer rear left , to get another sensor not big deal , and if your bumper off then all what you need it is one more working sensor and then just swap him between
Old 10th February 2020, 19:20   #7
Shirty59
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Thanks very much for your information
Arctic will try and get that done soon
Old 10th February 2020, 19:42   #8
Shirty59
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Thanks for information
Old 10th February 2020, 20:16   #9
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

You can get second hand sensors on eBay.

If you can't get to a T4, then TOAF will do the job.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote