Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd August 2019, 00:16   #1
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Default 2000 75 window jamming.

Merry August, I am having a couple of minor issues with my car, I've had a look around and can't find any posts relating to them. So if anyone could shed some light I will be forever in your debt

My driver's electric window gets jammed about three quarters of the way up, its getting stuck somewhere towards the wing mirror end. It goes down fine and the first 3/4 are fine but then just stops and it takes two people to close it. Although is better and sometimes goes up when it's rained. I'm guessing (never going to see end well) something needs lubricating? Any ideas or suggestions? I haven't taken the door card off yet but will do when I have time from work.

Also the driver's door won't unlock off the key fob, but will lock of the key fob?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my CUBOT_P20 using Tapatalk
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2019, 09:20   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Tom,

Take off the door card. It's the only way to find out what's happening.
Last year one of my rear windows kept jamming. A small plastic component had broken in the lift mechanism.

Simon
Old 4th February 2020, 23:07   #3
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Thumbs down window jamming 260 V8

Mine just developed the same fault. I have the door card off but am struggling to see what is causing the jamming at 2/3 closed position. I removed eight screws from the installed speaker to try and get a better look, but it seems to be really solidly bonded in position as well.
I noticed the speaker cables were catching on the window and then being deflected out of the way but the speaker is bonded so hard I may destroy it trying to get it out.
I also found the cause of occasional knocking from the door..a two way crossover dangling on it's input cables. The after market installers didn't get that quite right.
I'll pass until the weekend when I've calmed down and the back is aching a little less from the contortions.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2020, 21:13   #4
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Default Front driver electric window jamming 2/3 up

Had a chance for another look but can't see anything obvious to me, never having looked at this before. Still no wiser after another look but much calmer now. All big jobs are a series of small ones. I use this one a lot lol!
MG John did a good post on this issue (22nd January 2016, 15:37)
(I'd put in a link but have no idea how to do this). Going to try all of MG John's suggestions first.
Old 8th February 2020, 21:25   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Got the same problem on Banana. We’ve changed the switch pack. Been told it could be the motor that powers the window.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 17:41   #6
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Unhappy Front driver electric window jamming 2/3 up

Well I've managed to spent some time again with this. I removed the interior weather strip and the wing mirror to get a better view of the leading edge of the window as it rose up under power. Instead of jamming, it now rode over the unidentified obstruction at 2/3 with a lovely little grinding noise and a wobble and then closed fully. Went down smoothly, then the same restriction passing 2/3 up.
So I broke out my (might come in useful never used before) Clarke's inspection mirror and a torch. Bingo! I could see frayed steel cable on the lower left hand pulley guide. So I realised the cable was damaged. I played with it trying to see what was damaging the cable when suddenly something broke. I can't see what yet but am guessing it was the cable somewhere.
The window is now fully up but not moving down. I need to look into how to clean the runners and replace the broken cable. I may need to replace at least one of the pulleys. Probably wise to take everything out and inspect the lot. New experience for me. The bonded speaker is really in the way obstructing access to the left hand window clamp bolt. All advice from others who've been there before most welcome.
Old 9th February 2020, 17:45   #7
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

mine was the same frayed cable as it works on a cable spool system so i got motor and regulator complete off e bay for about 20 quid posted bolt off bolt on and its been ok ever since send mickyboy a pm he may have a spare rgds mark

Last edited by markypicks; 9th February 2020 at 17:50..
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 20:26   #8
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Default Front driver electric window jamming solution

Thanks Markypics. Looks like I do need a new complete front right window regulator.
Just checking with Rimmer Bros and I get three options for new.
Front Door - RH - LR006371P - Aftermarket at £54 inc VAT.
Front Door - RH - LR006371P1 - OEM at £103.20 inc VAT
Front Door - RH - LR006371 - Genuine at £203.41 inc VAT.
I don't fancy putting in anything but the strongest and best reliable option as I'm planning on keeping the car. It has a lot of super difficult to peel off Hi-Fi/sound insulation. Still faced with getting out the speaker to get access to the left hand front window clamp bolt. All eight bolts out and speaker still very firmly stuck. Hope not to have to do it again.
Incidentally listed on eBay - Genuine LR006371..... new part for the Landrover Freelander front driver window at £43.00 including postage. Could it possibly be the same one from the Freelander Mark 1 is also fitted to the ZT. Same catalogue number?
Any advice welcome on this too!
Old 10th February 2020, 17:59   #9
markypicks
Gets stuck in

there's some on e bay ranging from 50 quid up wards there ok to fit 4 bolts on the motor then 2 to hold the window in place make sure your window is fully up when fitting then you can adjust the window as required by plugging in the motor to align the other 4 bolts to tighten the hardest part for me was fitting the door card back on the two metal clips on the centre of the door card rgds mark
Old 10th February 2020, 18:02   #10
markypicks
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Thanks Markypics. Looks like I do need a new complete front right window regulator.
Just checking with Rimmer Bros and I get three options for new.
Front Door - RH - LR006371P - Aftermarket at £54 inc VAT.
Front Door - RH - LR006371P1 - OEM at £103.20 inc VAT
Front Door - RH - LR006371 - Genuine at £203.41 inc VAT.
I don't fancy putting in anything but the strongest and best reliable option as I'm planning on keeping the car. It has a lot of super difficult to peel off Hi-Fi/sound insulation. Still faced with getting out the speaker to get access to the left hand front window clamp bolt. All eight bolts out and speaker still very firmly stuck. Hope not to have to do it again.
Incidentally listed on eBay - Genuine LR006371..... new part for the Landrover Freelander front driver window at £43.00 including postage. Could it possibly be the same one from the Freelander Mark 1 is also fitted to the ZT. Same catalogue number?
Any advice welcome on this too!
dont know about the land rover but i'm pretty sure that all the 75s are the same but its worth checking first rgds mark