Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Windrush's Welcome Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th October 2017, 19:32   #1
The 75 & ZT Club Team
The generic team username

Default Welcome to the club bendrick

Welcome to the 75 and ZT owners club, to help you maintain your car we have grouped together a number of helpful "how to's" that can be found here. Please take some time to read the forum rules here.

If you would like to become a subscriber to the club and help support us then please read all about it here.

Perhaps you can find time to tell us how you found us here .

Welcome!

The 75 & ZT Club Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 06:54   #2
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi bendrick A warm welcome to the best ROVER 75 and MGZt owners club the friendly one
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 13:40   #3
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Thank you very much.

More of a returner actually.

After giving up my former manual diesel 75 3 years ago because of old sporting knee problems requiring an automatic ( and to be honest also fed up of changing gear after almost 40 years of driving, especially with the clogged up roads as they are now) and also wasn't prepared to fork out £1,000 for a new clutch after watching my friend having to change two in two years on his 75 the first the same time as I had mine changed.

I anticipated a real fall in my mpg with an automatic diesel as opposed to my previous manual so decided to go down the petrol / lpg route and I'm afraid succumbed to the scare stories about the K series engine on the Rovers and changed marques.

I must confess 3 years of driving a Y reg Mercedes 2001 E240 converted to LPG has been really great, what a wonderfully smooth and luxurious car to drive.

However some clown of a neighbour left his handbrake off last week allowing his car to roll into the side of mine and with body estimates of £1600 to £1800 to repair the buckled doors and creased central door column.

Leaving me with a familiar problem highlighted on here regularly of an old luxury
car with a superb engine purring away like a baby and with absolutely nothing wrong with it apart from the dents just caused, about to be written off because of it's age for peanuts ( it's just not fair is it?).

So I'm hopefully just about to rejoin the ranks of 75 owners and looking for a tidy diesel Auto with leather seats toppish spec and cruise control. I'm hoping that Jules might be able to sort me out.

It's probably my last chance to rejoin the 75 owner ranks for a couple of years before the 75 car pool dwindles even lower with age.

Last edited by bendrick; 13th October 2017 at 15:12..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote