Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd February 2017, 10:10   #1
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Default This gets my back up

As some of you may know, I have our caravan and my Rover 75 ('Sky') up for sale on this clubs forums and elsewhere. Would rather not have to sell 'Sky' but trying to raise funds so needs must.

So have spent this morning doing the same as what I did twice yesterday, sitting around waiting for people to turn up to view/test drive, that don't. Yesterday no call or text to warn they would not be coming, and this morning........ At first I thought, probably delayed due to the weather and travel conditions, so spent time wafting the cloth over the car, and posting comments on various threads on this clubs forums. In the end, and hour and a half after they should have turned up, I gave them a ring to check all was okay. No answer. Okay, might have been driving and couldn't answer. Left it 15 minutes and tried again. Answered......."yeah we got something else mate" and put phone down. No apology for wasting my time, no call or text just to say they weren't coming in the first place. They requested the viewing time.

Common courtesy and manners.....Or I should say, the lack of!

REALLY GETS MY BACK UP
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:48   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IverRover View Post
As some of you may know, I have our caravan and my Rover 75 ('Sky') up for sale on this clubs forums and elsewhere. Would rather not have to sell 'Sky' but trying to raise funds so needs must.

So have spent this morning doing the same as what I did twice yesterday, sitting around waiting for people to turn up to view/test drive, that don't. Yesterday no call or text to warn they would not be coming, and this morning........ At first I thought, probably delayed due to the weather and travel conditions, so spent time wafting the cloth over the car, and posting comments on various threads on this clubs forums. In the end, and hour and a half after they should have turned up, I gave them a ring to check all was okay. No answer. Okay, might have been driving and couldn't answer. Left it 15 minutes and tried again. Answered......."yeah we got something else mate" and put phone down. No apology for wasting my time, no call or text just to say they weren't coming in the first place. They requested the viewing time.

Common courtesy and manners.....Or I should say, the lack of!

REALLY GETS MY BACK UP
i can sympathise with you Tony, been there and got the T shirt many a time, it costs nothing to just drop a text, saying won't be coming. If I have been viewing cars in the past, and had others to look at, after viewing one,I would say to the buyer" I have others to look at, but I'll let you know either way by a certain time."
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:51   #3
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Welcome to trying to sell cars privately.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:56   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hopefully karma will mean the car he has bought turns out to be a complete dog and strands him in the middle of nowhere with a flat phone battery as well!

Some people have absoloutly no manners or thoughts to anyone else but themselves
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:04   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hopefully karma will mean the car he has bought turns out to be a complete dog and strands him in the middle of nowhere with a flat phone battery as well!

Some people have absoloutly no manners or thoughts to anyone else but themselves
Nice one Jeff.
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:06   #6
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Unfortunately old fashioned manners and common courtesy are in short supply these days.
I had the opposite where I did a 120 mile round journey only to be told by the seller that he had sold it 6 hours previously. No call, text or Email.

Hope you sell it and get what you want for it.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:48   #7
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

[QUOTE=coolcat;2451987]Hopefully karma will mean the car he has bought turns out to be a complete dog and strands him in the middle of nowhere with a flat phone battery as well!

Haha.......Now that thought has put a on my face. Cheers Jeff.
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:51   #8
ADO13
Avid contributor

Rover 75, 1960 Sprite

I have had the same from plumbers, mortgage salesmen, handymen, insurance brokers (twice), IT people, classic car garages, roofers. M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ADO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2019, 14:54   #9
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

This seems to be a problem for potential buyers as well. Wasted my time today going to look at an 06 registered Rover 75 for sale at a dealers, described as a credit to the previous owner service history and very low 44k mileage for an automatic diesel saloon. Photo's in the advert did not show the number plate! Looks in good condition, few surface scratches no dents, but now got the registration number. Checked MOT history and quite simply will probably end up in the scrapyard next March when MOT is up. Learned a lesson, ask for vehicle registration before wasting time on a pointless viewing, didn't even bother asking for a test drive.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2019, 22:01   #10
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunty View Post
This seems to be a problem for potential buyers as well. Wasted my time today going to look at an 06 registered Rover 75 for sale at a dealers, described as a credit to the previous owner service history and very low 44k mileage for an automatic diesel saloon. Photo's in the advert did not show the number plate! Looks in good condition, few surface scratches no dents, but now got the registration number. Checked MOT history and quite simply will probably end up in the scrapyard next March when MOT is up. Learned a lesson, ask for vehicle registration before wasting time on a pointless viewing, didn't even bother asking for a test drive.
Probably Wurzel Gummidge.-----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote