Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th June 2016, 12:48   #1
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Default Was that an Earthquake????

Oh no, it was just the ground shaking, due to the countless people who fought and died for democracy in this country, turning in their graves.....

Petition for a second referendum....... frankly it is just ridiculous.

What would the remanians be saying if the vote had gone the other way, and the brexit camp were asking for a second vote???

Seriously peeved off today....... and to top it all off I read something on here today, that literaly had my blood boiling.

Vote was "ruined" and the result wrong, because of the "low earners" voting, FFS can you get any more pompous or patronising
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 13:05   #2
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

One of the most encouraging things about the Leave vote was the complete absence of a class or wealth bias. Somewhat unlike the Remain vote. Tells you all you need to know really.
Old 25th June 2016, 13:14   #3
A19_Graham

Land Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
One of the most encouraging things about the Leave vote was the complete absence of a class or wealth bias. Somewhat unlike the Remain vote. Tells you all you need to know really.
Exactly, that is why it has upset me so much to read what I did on here today.

It just sounds like a typical thing said by the middle classes. Not what I expect from here.
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 13:29   #4
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Hmmmm. Not sure I agree. The richest and poorest local authorities in Scotland voted to remain. Absolutely no class divide with the remain vote up here.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19_Graham View Post
Exactly, that is why it has upset me so much to read what I did on here today.

It just sounds like a typical thing said by the middle classes. Not what I expect from here.
Must be an English thing............

At least on this issue, Scotland is a united nation

Last edited by Dragrad; 26th June 2016 at 02:35.. Reason: Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
lady zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 13:37   #5
Scaramanga

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

I agree Graham - The idea of a second referendum is insulting.

As for the 'low earners' comment it doesnt help when the BBC broadcast 'selectively' Im not making excuses for anybody as anyone with a hint of common sense can see through all their propaganda.

The outcome of the referendum was the result of democracy.

It is inevitable that not everyone will agree with the outcome but you cannot belittle the process or outcome by blaming the characteristics/personality/beliefs etc of an individual voter or group of voters.

Nor can you besmerch the process by saying 'I dont agree with outcome lets do it again' - thats hypocrisy.

Each person had a say and this is the result of what the majority wanted.

This is what our grandparents fought for - do not disrespect it.

Im also sick of hearing that the 'Old people' of this country have let down the young!! It seems ageism is an acceptable form of discrimination!!

Even if true they have been around a while and may just know a thing or too more than someone who has only just left school

We all had the opportunity to have our say last thursday. If you didnt vote tough luck! If you dont like the outcome - tough!

I for one have am pleased by the result as it happens, because this is the first time I have voted for something and won.
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 14:07   #6
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
I agree Graham - The idea of a second referendum is insulting.

As for the 'low earners' comment it doesnt help when the BBC broadcast 'selectively' Im not making excuses for anybody as anyone with a hint of common sense can see through all their propaganda.

The outcome of the referendum was the result of democracy.

It is inevitable that not everyone will agree with the outcome but you cannot belittle the process or outcome by blaming the characteristics/personality/beliefs etc of an individual voter or group of voters.

Nor can you besmerch the process by saying 'I dont agree with outcome lets do it again' - thats hypocrisy.

Each person had a say and this is the result of what the majority wanted.

This is what our grandparents fought for - do not disrespect it.

Im also sick of hearing that the 'Old people' of this country have let down the young!! It seems ageism is an acceptable form of discrimination!!

Even if true they have been around a while and may just know a thing or too more than someone who has only just left school

We all had the opportunity to have our say last thursday. If you didnt vote tough luck! If you dont like the outcome - tough!

I for one have am pleased by the result as it happens, because this is the first time I have voted for something and won.
Thats it exactly .

Tough.

Get off your non return valve and vote .

Millions died so we could enjoy our freedoms today.

If you cant get to a polling booth in a 16 hour window you get what you deserve .

Rant ends .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:19   #7
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

"Millions died so we could enjoy our freedoms today."

I wish I believed that, but sadly I believe that millions died so that a few people got richer................................
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:27   #8
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Nope,

Millions died because humans are not evolved enough to sort out their differences sensibly.

Or respect each others faiths, or lack of etc etc etc etc
Old 25th June 2016, 15:32   #9
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Ran out of thanks for the day Graham so you'll just have to make do with
Old 25th June 2016, 15:39   #10
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
Must be an English thing............

At least on this issue, Scotland is a united nation
I certainly think it is - We in the "Shires" and South West have know for ages that London is a bubble world where the people in it - in charge of the country - are divorced from reality and are bordering on being akin to the elite as portrayed in the "Hunger Games".

What was remarkable was that this disquiet was matched by the same sort of disquiet that other areas felt. The South East and South West, the Midlands, North West and North East coming together with similar concerns because they deal with the reality of EU interference in business and agriculture whereas the "Londonistas" only see the benefit.

This dichotomy is repeated across Europe and the heads of the EU should be extremely mindful of the anti EU feeling that is brewing all around them - it is not something unique to England and Wales.

Edit

One contentious point that also needs to be made is something mentioned the other day in the office - and i certainly do not want to generate any animosity between Scotland and England - but a chap from Portsmouth predicted that Scotland would vote to remain because Scotland does very well out of the EU and by default the Londonistas as well.

His point was this:-

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-shipyard-jobs

Thousands of jobs lost in England whilst jobs were protected in Scotland.

Couple that with just down the road the Ford Transit factory closure and move to Turkey via an £80M EU loan to Ford and perhaps you can see why people in England and Wales voted as they do.

Twinings jobs lost to Poland - again with an EU loan.

There is genuine concern that those on the receiving end of EU benefits born of contributions we all make but not all of us see back at all are doing very nicely thank you and are now running scared that the gravy train might stop.

In fact - looking at the three example above not only are we not benefiting - we are the ones getting shafted whilst all the time being told that our EU contributions are good value. And I think they are to the people who keep telling us this - but not to us.

Reality is very different.

What made the leave vote so dynamic is that the margins in England and Wales were not marginal in any way. I think the highest was Boston Lincs. at over 70% leave.

So can we please have Scotland going Independent ASAP!

Last edited by Darcydog; 25th June 2016 at 16:00..
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote