Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd April 2016, 08:32   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool What will happen to your.......................

........................75 or ZT when you can no longer drive through ill health or when you 'pop off of this mortal coil'. Any plans to leave the car or cars to anyone in your will? Or any requests like you want to be buried with the HG laying on your chest or maybe the thermostat to be placed in your rear pocket. Maybe even asking that the sunroof could be installed in your coffin, and maybe the sat nav could be set up so that you do not get lost on your final journey. And your favourite music playing.

Maybe having the full leather interior with electric everything installed into the coffin. Or having the front of the casket made so that it can be removed in case you need a bulb changed. Or lowering springs to help when you are lowered into the ground. If being cremated make sure the air con is re-charged. Then having your ashes scattered over 3 bays in the local supermarket car park. Or put in a Jiffy bag and sent to a breakers yard to be re-cycled.

Get a re-map done so your exit is quick and to the sound of the stainless steel exhaust ringing in the mourners ears. Instead of having flowers, maybe have Rimmers catalogue as a centre piece. Donations to be sent to your favourite trader so that they may continue the good work on keeping the other cherished beauties on the road.

In my case "The Flying Banana" will be moving on. I have already got her written into my will. She will be inherited by a club member, so she may live on in someone else's loving deep pockets. Or should I have to pack up driving through health issues then the same member will still get the car as a gift, not sold, but given as a gift. And they do have it in writing as well.

Who is it I hear you ask? Have a guess????? They may want it to be kept a secret and not reveal until the "day" it happens.

Hopefully they too will pass Banana onto someone else, all I ask is that her name lives on. She has brought me lots of pleasure, plus huge smiles, and has dragged me up from the depths of depression. Ferried me around without a murmur, other than the occasional creaking sound of my wallet opening. Wallet was in action yesterday.

As for "Pooky Bear". I have not decided on her fate yet. Need to give it a bit of thought but I expect her to stay within these four walls of the club. She too has a yearning for me to delve into the deep parts of my wallet. But hopefully she too will not need to much in the future.

So it might be an idea to plan what will become of your loved one.

Car that is.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:36   #2
Elliott
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

In the mean time just enjoy the Banana eh!
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:38   #3
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Food for thought there.

I hope Banana stays with you for many happy miles yet
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:39   #4
Phil63
Posted a thing or two

04 75 tourer cdt auto. Two tone grey. X-Power over Tempest. 04 75 V8 Chatsworth Bronze..

Tank will be going to Angie, but I've no plans for Betsy yet. Hopefully I won't have to think about that for a few years yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Phil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:44   #5
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

I have promised Redfive to my eldest grandson when I no longer drive..

But of course there's a very strong chance that we may outlive our cars because of parts availability.
Cheers Ian
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:46   #6
aguy
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Cracking post. A nice laugh this morning.

Firstly do we have any members young enough that we can consider leaving them something in a will.

Secondly, If I were to have a sunroof fitted to the grave (from a 75/ZT) I would want to make sure the drains were directed well away as it could get very wet and uncomfortable should they (as they always do) leak!!

Old 2nd April 2016, 08:47   #7
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I've never thought about it tbh. Although thinking about it, no one my family would want it anyway!

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:02   #8
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Brilliant post, hopefully mine will stay in the family although I'm having trouble giving my cooper S to my Son

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:34   #9
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
........................75 or ZT when you can no longer drive through ill health or when you 'pop off of this mortal coil'. Any plans to leave the car or cars to anyone in your will? Or any requests like you want to be buried with the HG laying on your chest or maybe the thermostat to be placed in your rear pocket. Maybe even asking that the sunroof could be installed in your coffin, and maybe the sat nav could be set up so that you do not get lost on your final journey. And your favourite music playing.

Maybe having the full leather interior with electric everything installed into the coffin. Or having the front of the casket made so that it can be removed in case you need a bulb changed. Or lowering springs to help when you are lowered into the ground. If being cremated make sure the air con is re-charged. Then having your ashes scattered over 3 bays in the local supermarket car park. Or put in a Jiffy bag and sent to a breakers yard to be re-cycled.

Get a re-map done so your exit is quick and to the sound of the stainless steel exhaust ringing in the mourners ears. Instead of having flowers, maybe have Rimmers catalogue as a centre piece. Donations to be sent to your favourite trader so that they may continue the good work on keeping the other cherished beauties on the road.

In my case "The Flying Banana" will be moving on. I have already got her written into my will. She will be inherited by a club member, so she may live on in someone else's loving deep pockets. Or should I have to pack up driving through health issues then the same member will still get the car as a gift, not sold, but given as a gift. And they do have it in writing as well.

Who is it I hear you ask? Have a guess????? They may want it to be kept a secret and not reveal until the "day" it happens.

Hopefully they too will pass Banana onto someone else, all I ask is that her name lives on. She has brought me lots of pleasure, plus huge smiles, and has dragged me up from the depths of depression. Ferried me around without a murmur, other than the occasional creaking sound of my wallet opening. Wallet was in action yesterday.

As for "Pooky Bear". I have not decided on her fate yet. Need to give it a bit of thought but I expect her to stay within these four walls of the club. She too has a yearning for me to delve into the deep parts of my wallet. But hopefully she too will not need to much in the future.

So it might be an idea to plan what will become of your loved one.

Car that is.
meanwhile eat banana before it ripens too much ha ha ha
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:44   #10
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Mine will continue use with Mrs P,until such times as something goes wrong with it. After that I don't know what will become of it,however I have no plans to shuffle off yet .