Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2020, 11:55   #21
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
I'd be very interested if someone know's of a quality 4 wheel alignment place as well please.

I've just had the top mount, the bottom arm and bush and the drop link replaced on my ZT, and it's pulling to the left quite bad, and the steering wheel is now off centre which really annoys me!

I wouldn't mind travelling if someone knows a place who takes their time and does the job right!
Search via Google the hunter tracking system. Last time I looked, they listed tyre depots/garages who had it.

It was recommended to me via this forum a number of years ago, and my local tyre place had it installed the week I replaced all my tyres. The guys at the depot were only too happy to use the numbers I supplied if it wasnt on the system. Turned out it was on their system, which they used, and the results were spot on. (And the rears were adjusted the first time I used them, the second time a few years later, they only needed to do the fronts. The tyres were evenly across the tread over the nearly three years they were on).

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 12:10   #22
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Most admit in workshop where I work we have this machine hunter dsp600 and so far I don't have any issues with it I think even monkey can learn how to use and do 4w alignment. So point is if you see anywhere this go there, there will have all data for do the job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0923.jpg (133.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 21st February 2020, 14:55   #23
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Also, the correct mass of fuel could be relevant, I think it needs to be 3/4 full if I recall. Having it done with a ton of tools in the boot too, would cause an issue, so make sure it is empty.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 16:23   #24
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Also, the correct mass of fuel could be relevant, I think it needs to be 3/4 full if I recall.

The most recent MGR update says a 40Kg loading which equals a full tank. If the tank's empty, the weight should be placed in the boot, above the tank or as far back on the rear seat as possible. It must be unoccupied.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2020, 22:56   #25
andrewl

Rover 75 Saloon

Just an update, finally took it back to the garage (not needed to drive the car for quite a while).

Anyway they’ve sorted and aligned it all. Car drives loads better. No more skittishness/bumping when driving over drain covers potholes. They checked the bushes/suspension and didn’t find any issues. Time will tell if it solves the extreme tyre wear I guess, I feel confident it will though.

Thanks for help all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andrewl is offline   Reply With Quote