Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th February 2020, 09:54   #150951
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Taint! a very good morning folks, we have drainage ditch running at the back of the Bungalow that is full to the brim and lapping the bottom of the fence, both ends of are road are flooded, but can get out if we take the scenic route, there is a very slight incline in the road sadly to say the ditch has over flowed into their back gardens and out through the garages, the very end house is completely swamped at the moment we are still dry. fingers crossed and every thing as well. So far we are extremely lucky compared with others.
Not so good for others who have been flooded three or more times before. We pray for their safety and if some of us who are lucky not to be in their situation
and can offer some sort of help please do.
And our sincere thanks go out to all the Troops and Firemen who have been working all hours.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 10:30   #150952
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
I got the confused mess of pipes to reach their intended destinations on the 75 this afternoon, anyone who’s had the intake & boost pipes off a 1.8 turbo will know exactly what I mean, got the front end on the car & even managed a small road test, it performed rather well with no obvious leaks up to now, I think there’s still some air trapped in the cooling system so I’ll have to have another go at it. Other than that I’m quite pleased with it. Got a couple of small jobs to do before I can get an mot on it, exhaust needs aligning/securing as it bangs on the tunnel & the old favourite handbrake doesn’t hold........no surprise there then

LOL Every year the MOT came around I had to fettle the handbrake and I rarely used it, Tony described it well when he said the Rover 75 are great cars but have handbrakes made of dried toast

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 16:34   #150953
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Taint! a very good morning folks, we have drainage ditch running at the back of the Bungalow that is full to the brim and lapping the bottom of the fence, both ends of are road are flooded, but can get out if we take the scenic route, there is a very slight incline in the road sadly to say the ditch has over flowed into their back gardens and out through the garages, the very end house is completely swamped at the moment we are still dry. fingers crossed and every thing as well. So far we are extremely lucky compared with others.
Not so good for others who have been flooded three or more times before. We pray for their safety and if some of us who are lucky not to be in their situation
and can offer some sort of help please do.
And our sincere thanks go out to all the Troops and Firemen who have been working all hours.

Rev.
If you get flooded then use your empty wallet to use as a life raft.

Hope you are both OK.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 17:49   #150954
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Managed a late afternoon walk as the rain has subsided, I’m sure it will return shortly though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th February 2020, 20:58   #150955
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
I love Kielder, it’s a fantastic place
It certainly is, apart from when you almost scald the back of your head off removing the radiator cap on a hot bus. The can of worms that followed afterwards you couldn’t make up, too long a story to type

Last edited by RPWC; 16th February 2020 at 21:04..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 21:01   #150956
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
It certainly is, apart from when you almost scald the back of your head off removing the radiator cap on a hot bus. The can of worms that followed afterwards you couldn’t make up, too long a story to type
Oh joy!! Never a dull moment matey
Old 16th February 2020, 21:09   #150957
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Entirely my own fault Andy, but I’m fine, was in agony for the journey back from Kielder to Newcastle, good job the coach was auto. One hand on the wheel, the other holding a soaked cloth on the back of my head trying to cool it. Stupid sensor over reacting telling me the level was low when it was fine.
Old 16th February 2020, 21:15   #150958
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Entirely my own fault Andy, but I’m fine, was in agony for the journey back from Kielder to Newcastle, good job the coach was auto. One hand on the wheel, the other holding a soaked cloth on the back of my head trying to cool it. Stupid sensor over reacting telling me the level was low when it was fine.
As long as you are ok Rich, sensors are a pain when they play up (As we all know)
Old 16th February 2020, 21:28   #150959
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Flooded

Decided to take MG to work today as just had Rover washed and road was so badly flooded all the cars including 4 x 4s were turning back. I couldn't afford to be late so drove through very slowly, water up to the doors, car didn't seem to want to go after I got through, but after a while in 2nd gear seemed to recover and made it. So my 42 year old car got through when all the others turned back.
Old 16th February 2020, 21:30   #150960
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

In more than one sense of the word “pain”. Ended up being spoken to by paramedics on the phone, because I had forgotten to run my Bluetooth hands free off and had inadvertently rang Fiona about 10 mins after ringing her to tell her what happened and because she could hear strange noises, she panicked and thought I was struggling to breathe and had passed out then called the paramedics who then called me. As it happened I had stopped to put more cold water on when they rang, she was on the phone for about 15 mins, all this time my phone battery was dying. They said they would call at a certain time by which time I would be home. When they did call back, because I had got a few drops of antifreeze water in my mouth, not swallowed any, but it splashed into my mouth, I was told very firmly to go straight to A and E. Thinking it was a fuss over nowt I still did as I was told. Expecting to be there all night, I was surprised to find the department fairly quiet. Sat down expecting to be there for a while and a nurse called me in to a room, asked why I was there, took my bp and temperature, went to speak to a consultant and said as long as you didn’t swallow any, you can just go. Result!