Notices

Old 5th February 2020, 07:45   #150761
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Phil, Yes there was an improvement yesterday, she managed to recognise us & spoke to us but was difficult to hear what she was saying through the oxygen mask, still very weak but she had some colour to her face.
That’s good news you mam is showing improvement and is not confused. If your mam can tolerate having the mask off for talking and chatting it’s something you can ask about. She can always go back on it when she is not talking. Clearly she is in the right place.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 08:02   #150762
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
That’s good news you mam is showing improvement and is not confused. If your mam can tolerate having the mask off for talking and chatting it’s something you can ask about. She can always go back on it when she is not talking. Clearly she is in the right place.

Yes she has had one of those nasal cannula on since she was admitted but must have been having some breathing difficulties since seeing her in the afternoon.
She's had asthma all her life which isn't helping.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 08:40   #150763
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - another dry day - I could get used to it if only the temperature would rise by 5° or so.
We were sitting eating our meal last night, about 5.30pm, when the doorbell went. It was my next door neighbour to tell me "my son has just set fire to your garden fence!".
The neighbour isn't the best in the world - every Saturday he has all his mates round with their Honda Civic Type Rs, and proceeds to spend all day showing off his prowess as a mechanic (which he isn't). His main treatment for ailing cars is to attempt to undo something with his cordless rattle gun, fail, and then attack the thing with a 5lb lump hammer.
Anyway, he's been fitting a flat pack kitchen over the weekend, and yesterday his (idiot) son decided to burn the remnants of the old kitchen. Unfortunately, he propped the bits up against the end of his garage, poured some sort of accelerant over them - and lit the blue touch paper. There are two 4 foot panels of lap fencing between the bottom of his garden and mine - which are now a pile of ashes. The fella was dead lucky that he didn't set fire to a number of trees within reach, and he narrowly avoided damaging window frames and my greenhouse.
Very generously, he offered to replace the fence for me

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 09:02   #150764
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - another dry day - I could get used to it if only the temperature would rise by 5° or so.
We were sitting eating our meal last night, about 5.30pm, when the doorbell went. It was my next door neighbour to tell me "my son has just set fire to your garden fence!".
The neighbour isn't the best in the world - every Saturday he has all his mates round with their Honda Civic Type Rs, and proceeds to spend all day showing off his prowess as a mechanic (which he isn't). His main treatment for ailing cars is to attempt to undo something with his cordless rattle gun, fail, and then attack the thing with a 5lb lump hammer.
Anyway, he's been fitting a flat pack kitchen over the weekend, and yesterday his (idiot) son decided to burn the remnants of the old kitchen. Unfortunately, he propped the bits up against the end of his garage, poured some sort of accelerant over them - and lit the blue touch paper. There are two 4 foot panels of lap fencing between the bottom of his garden and mine - which are now a pile of ashes. The fella was dead lucky that he didn't set fire to a number of trees within reach, and he narrowly avoided damaging window frames and my greenhouse.
Very generously, he offered to replace the fence for me

Blimey Rod! He doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the box. Good job it didn't damage your greenhouse as well.
We had an idiot like that for a neighbour & thankfully he got divorced, sold up & moved out, it was heaven when he left, his opposite neighbour & myself were going to put bunting up in the street to celebrate

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 10:21   #150765
reworht
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey Rod! He doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the box. Good job it didn't damage your greenhouse as well.
We had an idiot like that for a neighbour & thankfully he got divorced, sold up & moved out, it was heaven when he left, his opposite neighbour & myself were going to put bunting up in the street to celebrate
Other classic ideas by RichardHead next door (work it out ) include:
  • Washing his car with a hosepipe while the temperature was -2°C
  • Putting half a tin of waste paint in his wheelie bin - with no top on the tin
  • Trying to get his mate's car onto ramps - but forgetting to line one of them up
  • Putting full slices of bread on the garage roof for the birds
Anyway - step in right direction - two new fence panels have just been delivered to him

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 5th February 2020, 13:07   #150766
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Other classic ideas by RichardHead next door (work it out ) include:
  • Washing his car with a hosepipe while the temperature was -2°C
  • Putting half a tin of waste paint in his wheelie bin - with no top on the tin
  • Trying to get his mate's car onto ramps - but forgetting to line one of them up
  • Putting full slices of bread on the garage roof for the birds

Anyway - step in right direction - two new fence panels have just been delivered to him

What he needs is an airbag placed at the bottom of his wheelie him, long wires reaching your house then when he is about to dispose of some rubbish (hopefully more paint) apply 12v to the wires 👍🤣👍
Old 5th February 2020, 15:20   #150767
reworht
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
What he needs is an airbag placed at the bottom of his wheelie him, long wires reaching your house then when he is about to dispose of some rubbish (hopefully more paint) apply 12v to the wires 👍🤣👍
I like your thinking mate

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 5th February 2020, 18:40   #150768
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Evening everyone, Greek salad for tea and a pint of lager shandy.
Old 5th February 2020, 18:46   #150769
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Evening all.

Had a day out today seeing as the sun was out. Went down to Fowey and spent time walking around breathing in the sea air. Felt better for that. Nice cuppa and a bun in a wee cafe, never realised it was a cafe. Been past loads of times, always thought it sold antiques. Took Banana for a good run.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 18:59   #150770
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Evening all.

Had a day out today seeing as the sun was out. Went down to Fowey and spent time walking around breathing in the sea air. Felt better for that. Nice cuppa and a bun in a wee cafe, never realised it was a cafe. Been past loads of times, always thought it sold antiques. Took Banana for a good run.
Antique cakes??