Notices

Old 31st January 2020, 09:37   #150671
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Rod, how is Angela doing? how are you?

I am getting prepared for my flight to London in 2 weeks time. I have been buying a selection of teas and coffees for presents to take back. I am hoping the scan in London is going to be ok and if it is, then I can get back on track and plan ahead.
Morning Phil. I'm pleased to say that Angela and I are both well thanks - I hope you and Jessica are too?
Angela's 'manipulation' treatment for her dizzy spells seems to have been 99.9% successful - she still has the odd short bout, but nothing to worry about.
I'm about to make a start on finding some caravan sites in the South of England for our annual jaunt in Summer (or what passed for Summer last year!). First contender is this one (linky)

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 10:31   #150672
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning Phil. I'm pleased to say that Angela and I are both well thanks - I hope you and Jessica are too?
Angela's 'manipulation' treatment for her dizzy spells seems to have been 99.9% successful - she still has the odd short bout, but nothing to worry about.
I'm about to make a start on finding some caravan sites in the South of England for our annual jaunt in Summer (or what passed for Summer last year!). First contender is this one (linky)
Thank for the link Rod, I see the site has 5 star reviews which could be what you are looking for. If you remember last June the temps in the UK ranged from 30C-35C. I suspect this year, it won’t get to that level, but it would be nice if it did

It’s great to hear the treatment for Angela has been successful. What a difference it will make to her mobility and enjoying life. We have booked to fly back to the UK again in early June. Roll on the summer, the warm and balmy days, trips to the seaside
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 10:33   #150673
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hello Pete,

How are you?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 18:07   #150674
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, the weekend looms 👍👍
Old 31st January 2020, 18:20   #150675
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Not good news from me tonight, I had the van in the garage today for anti roll bar bushes, an hour's job give or take 300 mins. They phoned to say they couldn't do the job as the captive nuts on the subframe had come off and were just spinning. So to do the job its suspension arms off, steering rack disconnected, drop links off and subframe off, about 3/4 hours labour now. They can't do the job as they only have one hoist and need it for other work and MOTs, so the job would take too long. It also needs cambelt and water pump doing which they can't do either for the same reason and it won't fit in the smaller workshop. Time to dispose I think and get a cheap runner to keep me going until I get my inheritance later this year. It will cost me c 4/500 quid to get the work done, its due mot in April and will fail on the bushes and it also has a rear wheel bearing away.
Old 31st January 2020, 18:36   #150676
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Not good news from me tonight, I had the van in the garage today for anti roll bar bushes, an hour's job give or take 300 mins. They phoned to say they couldn't do the job as the captive nuts on the subframe had come off and were just spinning. So to do the job its suspension arms off, steering rack disconnected, drop links off and subframe off, about 3/4 hours labour now. They can't do the job as they only have one hoist and need it for other work and MOTs, so the job would take too long. It also needs cambelt and water pump doing which they can't do either for the same reason and it won't fit in the smaller workshop. Time to dispose I think and get a cheap runner to keep me going until I get my inheritance later this year. It will cost me c 4/500 quid to get the work done, its due mot in April and will fail on the bushes and it also has a rear wheel bearing away.
Not good news then Rich.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 31st January 2020 at 18:36.. Reason: Missing letter located
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 20:19   #150677
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Bl00dy hell Rich that's not good, makes you want to cover everything in waxoyl to prevent times like this.
Old 31st January 2020, 21:00   #150678
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Blimey Richard! My old Rover 25 passed its MOT without issue yesterday. It might have failed, it did last year and I got little change out of £200 so I was hesitant to risk the cost this year given that I rarely use it. A few hundred miles/year at most and given that the expenses fiddlers are demanding a tax grab on it of £200 today for the next 12 months - well, that with the other running costs and the poorly designed/maintained/managed roads ... hmm?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 21:58   #150679
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Bl00dy hell Rich that's not good, makes you want to cover everything in waxoyl to prevent times like this.
P i t a mate. In 2 years I have renewed battery, fusebox,maf,injectors, ignition barrel, drop links suspension arms, discs and pads. I have had my fill now, time to go.
Old 31st January 2020, 22:06   #150680
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Well...

We is out