Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th January 2020, 23:18   #11
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Angry

Refund requested. This stinks and I want no part of it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2020, 23:51   #12
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Refund requested. This stinks and I want no part of it.
Can I ask what’s changed since your earlier post on the 17th where you said you had asked for both arms to be SAIC?

I think some damage control is needed here. Owners need to know the origin of the Xpart arms, is this a new batch or the infamous Indian ones? As I suggested earlier MarinaBrian’s opinion carries a fair bit of weight on here and I’m sure he’d be willing to examine any new batch, aided by trikey’s generous offer .

My own private communication with Mat has been most positive, but he has been very silent with regard to this thread.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 00:20   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

fwiw, rimmers advertise as genuine. How on earth can they call them genuine

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RGG10...SADEgJQrvD_BwE

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RGG10...SADEgInA_D_BwE

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 00:20   #14
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Indian Arms

The Indian arms are certainly coming down in price I wonder why.

Note the specification ( Item specifics ) in the listings below, especially the part where it states Country/Region of Manufacture:

( United Kingdom )

When it can be clearly seen on the wrapping ( made in India ).

I think the reason for the price drop is because the seller of the Indian xpart arms can not get rid of them due to the problems.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-M...0AAOSwRDVeE09I

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-M...oAAOSwUEheE04A

I wonder how closer we are to seeing the supposed newer upgraded arm are going to come on the open market.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 01:04   #15
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

Hi Mike. DMGRS has not delivered this order re the spiel that was used to solicit it and I have no confidence following private emails with DMGRS that this will change. I have since received comms from other parties who have advised of problems with DMGR'S orders and had I known of them before I would not have exposed myself to this position of uncertainty. Some things do not add up to me re this order. DMGRS has advised me that only 3 of 3 hundred arms were sent and that Xpart will be called upon to make up the shortfall ... really? Like you and many other members I question, where did the Xpart stock come from re satisfying this order as it was solicited?

I was advised that I would receive 1 of the 3 arms sent (all 3 for 1 side apparently) and that a pair of MG arms would "HOPEFULLY" arrive on my doorstep last week. Well, guess what? Zilch! And yes, the silence is deafening on this thread re any info from the seller.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 26th January 2020 at 02:59.. Reason: Typo.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 10:06   #16
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Hi Mike. DMGRS has not delivered this order re the spiel that was used to solicit it and I have no confidence following private emails with DMGRS that this will change. I have since received comms from other parties who have advised of problems with DMGR'S orders and had I known of them before I would not have exposed myself to this position of uncertainty. Some things do not add up to me re this order. DMGRS has advised me that only 3 of 3 hundred arms were sent and that Xpart will be called upon to make up the shortfall ... really? Like you and many other members I question, where did the Xpart stock come from re satisfying this order as it was solicited?

I was advised that I would receive 1 of the 3 arms sent (all 3 for 1 side apparently) and that a pair of MG arms would "HOPEFULLY" arrive on my doorstep last week. Well, guess what? Zilch! And yes, the silence is deafening on this thread re any info from the seller.
Thanks for the information as I’ve heard nothing about any three hundred, just the initial batch of 50. And while I have a mail from Mat stating that I’ll receive a MG set rather than Xpart, I am a bit anxious as returning goods from my location wouldn’t be much fun. I haven’t received any notice of despatch yet, only heard that the arms were in Southampton customs.
However thanks to MarinaBrian I’m quite confident I can spot the difference(s) between the SAIC arms and the Indian ones.
I do agree with you that it shouldn’t be like this, I remember when Mat first announced his venture on the org.forum, as a one man band I wished him well and have supported his venture not only myself but advising owners in Sweden of his business. He (and Scott) need to deal with this issue otherwise confidence will drop to zero and recovery will be almost impossible.

Regards
Old 27th January 2020, 12:20   #17
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

I seem to remember that Xpart had a member on here , but I can't spot him on the members list
It would be nice to have a comment from them on the Indian arms . Do they consider them to be any good ?
Old 27th January 2020, 12:36   #18
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I seem to remember that Xpart had a member on here , but I can't spot him on the members list
It would be nice to have a comment from them on the Indian arms . Do they consider them to be any good ?
As Arctic said above, “I wonder how closer we are to seeing the supposed newer upgraded arm are going to come on the open market” - trouble is no-one is saying anything - are these DMGRS Xpart arms Indian or some new batch? Why the silence, especially when Mat is usually quick to answer any questions on here?

And I loved the linked ads in Arctic’s post. “Not a cheap Chinese copy” & country of manufacture UK even though “Made in India”.

Sorry but even if Xpart said they were OK I wouldn’t believe them, vivid memories of Mr.Kipling’s test. If these arms were endorsed by the likes of Arctic, Stocktake, MarinaBrian that would carry a lot more weight with me than Xpart.

Still haven’t heard anything about my SAIC arms though …

Regards
Old 27th January 2020, 13:01   #19
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Dmgrs can do no wrong i have personal experience of their non mgr spares supply i reported this to the forum admin i am still awaiting a reply
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2020, 14:08   #20
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I Think
That was Stu, very nice bloke and always willing to help he used to be (Xpart02) but now I think he goes under, ( SKS Disco ) also not sure if he is with Xpart now ?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote