Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2018, 11:53   #21
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom55247 View Post
I felt sorry for Dawn which is why I processed the refund. I stand by everything I originally and subsequently said about that engine, in the one who drove it and I know how it was.

I wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of removing an engine that was obviously knackered. I hated the unnecessary abuse I was getting on that thread, which is why I requested it be removed.

A full refund has been given including shipping, leaving me £190 out of pocket for that shipping... put down to an expensive lesson in the effort of minimising Dawn’s already maxed out stress levels.

Fair enough, I have just one question - was the refund dependant on Dawn getting the thread removed?
Old 26th June 2018, 12:01   #22
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
I felt sorry for Dawn which is why I processed the refund.
Glad you refunded her. Glad you got it sorted out. You did what the law requires, you didn't do her any favours. I'll make sure the threads on facebook are updated accordingly. Please Tom, speak to c.a.b about what you're legally required to do when someone has an issue, because it's clear you don't really grasp it yet. You've got a good business, don't ruin it with non compliance.
Old 26th June 2018, 14:44   #23
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Guys bear with us on this, cheers.
Old 26th June 2018, 14:53   #24
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Guys bear with us on this, cheers.
To be honest I've completely lost hope at this point, some people are just beyond saving.
Old 26th June 2018, 15:22   #25
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Stipulated?
Old 26th June 2018, 15:38   #26
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

After reading most of the posts on the original topic and now this one I can’t believe that someone could be so silly with their response.

The evidence was clear as regards the condition of the engine in question and backed up by several well recognised “enthusiasts” on this forum.

I’m afraid I don’t have much sympathy for “trader Tom”. If he wants to continue any trading he will have to think carefully in the future about your what to do when a complaint is raised.

Removing the original topic only strengthens the ill feeling towards him.

It’s good to see that Dawn is now going to get back on the road with the help of others on the forum.
Old 26th June 2018, 15:44   #27
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Quote:
I felt sorry for Dawn which is why I processed the refund. I stand by everything I originally and subsequently said about that engine, in the one who drove it and I know how it was.

I wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of removing an engine that was obviously knackered. I hated the unnecessary abuse I was getting on that thread, which is why I requested it be removed.

A full refund has been given including shipping, leaving me £190 out of pocket for that shipping... put down to an expensive lesson in the effort of minimising Dawn’s already maxed out stress levels.
I would have kept the thread and taken you to the small claims court instead absolutely absurd, you wasn't getting unnecessary abuse from anyone, the experts gave evidence proving you to be wrong and you sat back and did nothing all that time you could have replied to the thread publicly or to Dawn privately still you did neither,

You clearly didn't feel sorry for Dawn because if you did the money would of been returned in the first instance saved all this negative publicity and wrote the balance off against your expenses and that would of been the end of it with your reputation intact.
Old 26th June 2018, 16:32   #28
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Tom. Glad you have, at last, seen the error of your ways, and refunded Dawn all her money, and I hope you made a reasonable compensation package also. If it had gone to the end of road,under duress, I am sure you realise that the outcome would have been, perhaps, more damaging to you. Thanks for taking advice of some of the traders hereabouts, and also some ‘ordinary’ members.
Old 26th June 2018, 17:21   #29
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Being held to Postings ransom" is nothing new...

I suffered this with Rimmers a few years back when I aired my disatisfaction with some items supplied by them that failed very prematurley.

They would not deal with me while my posts were on the forums and told me to take them down before we could sort things out .

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Old 26th June 2018, 17:32   #30
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I am not going to lower myself to reply to a certain post in this thread, however, I have started a new thread for updates on the car/engine and so on. For the record, those people asking if I was compensated on top - no, I was not, I got the remaining engine money and the pallet fees. Actually, if we're going to be accurate, I lost out to £20 pallet fees as I had to send the VAT separate originally, and was only refunded the first transaction. Just stating facts. Now then, let's move on. The car is the important thing now.
Closed Thread