Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th June 2018, 06:13   #1
Pete_901
Regular poster

Mg Zt Dark Fantasy 6/7

Default Webasto FBH few questions

Hi everyone, recently purchased a new zt saloon which has the heater fitted! Press the button and get nothing, here the click in the fuse box but nothing else. What’s the first thing I should do to get it going?

Also, is there a heater remote you can buy and program? I’ve been told you can get a aux heater remote from maplin, is this correct?

Last one I promise, how do they work? As in should it fire up when it’s too cold or do I HAVE to set the timer for it to work?
Pete_901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 06:17   #2
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Hasn't Maplin gone?

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 07:15   #3
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Hi Pete, which button do you refer to is it a little webasto remote on your keyring? The fbh is pretty redundant at the minute as they automatically turn on when it's 5 degrees or below so should hope it's not needed for a couple months.

You can buy a GSM remote that you text to turn on and can set it up to turn the fbh on and then after a set amount of time to turn your blowers on so its nice and warm on cold winter mornings, bloke called Lewis Rendall sells them https://www.gsm-uk.net/product-page/...oller-pcb-only,

Check out this thread with information on how to wire it all up its not to difficult if I can do it anyone can https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=231515
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 07:55   #4
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

They work both as a supplementary heater as described above so when the temperature sensor detects +5 or less it will be switched on as you start the engine, and they also operate as a parking heater so you can overide the sensor and switch it on without the engine running to defrost the screen on cold days and switch on the cabin heater before you get in the car

The next nano meet is only a week away and you are not far away, happy to take a look for you there if you wish and advise.

In the meantime check the under bonnet fuse and if ok take it out and reinsert it as the FBH can lock out after so many attempts to start it and it will need a reset which worked for someone attending the last nano meet in May.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 14th June 2018 at 07:57..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 09:44   #5
Pete_901
Regular poster

Mg Zt Dark Fantasy 6/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
They work both as a supplementary heater as described above so when the temperature sensor detects +5 or less it will be switched on as you start the engine, and they also operate as a parking heater so you can overide the sensor and switch it on without the engine running to defrost the screen on cold days and switch on the cabin heater before you get in the car

The next nano meet is only a week away and you are not far away, happy to take a look for you there if you wish and advise.

In the meantime check the under bonnet fuse and if ok take it out and reinsert it as the FBH can lock out after so many attempts to start it and it will need a reset which worked for someone attending the last nano meet in May.
thanks for your help. I want to get it up and running before the winter so when the winter comes its all set up ready to go. I want to set it on a timer so so it heats the coolant and turns the blowers on. how can I get it up and running even though it isn't +5 degrees? to test if it works etc?
Old 14th June 2018, 09:45   #6
Pete_901
Regular poster

Mg Zt Dark Fantasy 6/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy600 View Post
Hi Pete, which button do you refer to is it a little webasto remote on your keyring? The fbh is pretty redundant at the minute as they automatically turn on when it's 5 degrees or below so should hope it's not needed for a couple months.

You can buy a GSM remote that you text to turn on and can set it up to turn the fbh on and then after a set amount of time to turn your blowers on so its nice and warm on cold winter mornings, bloke called Lewis Rendall sells them https://www.gsm-uk.net/product-page/...oller-pcb-only,

Check out this thread with information on how to wire it all up its not to difficult if I can do it anyone can https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=231515
thank you. this is something that I would love to get set up. I shall take a look in to it
Old 14th June 2018, 19:23   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

have a look at the side of the heater and post what model it is. There are 2 model numbers. By earthing one of the pins it should burst into life but we will need to know which model to advise on which pin, this is an override method/cheat

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 22:29   #8
Pete_901
Regular poster

Mg Zt Dark Fantasy 6/7

Right ive had a look. Pulled the plug and left it 30 seconds and plugged it back in and wahhey I now had a fan going and all sorts but it isn’t making heat or firing. Is the fuel pump meant to make a noise? Ticking sound? If so then mine isn’t and it silent!
Old 14th June 2018, 23:02   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Dont forget to have the engine running when you remove the fuse, and when you replace it.
Old 15th June 2018, 06:46   #10
Pete_901
Regular poster

Mg Zt Dark Fantasy 6/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Dont forget to have the engine running when you remove the fuse, and when you replace it.

How come running?